Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 05-08-06, 09:03 PM   #51
crankybait
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

as soon as i saw the last posts member's name i knew there would be something to laugh about... signed up for football next year, i gotta start working out with them in june. every day, workout from 3-5 after school
crankybait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-06, 03:10 PM   #52
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

ahh yes, double sessions, workout till ya puke! the memories
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-06, 03:35 PM   #53
Bass Ackwards
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Dude, all you have to do is follow the charles Atlas methods
Bass Ackwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-06, 03:38 PM   #54
flbassman

Couldn't read the second to last panel, which was apparently the punch line. The rest was funny though.
Old 05-09-06, 05:21 PM   #55
crankybait

couldnt read any of it... can you enlarge it?
Old 05-09-06, 06:51 PM   #56
flbassman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB
ahh yes, double sessions, workout till ya puke! the memories
Yessir, two a days in the august heat. Fun stuff there, losing ten pounds in a day.
Old 05-09-06, 07:37 PM   #57
bass kicker

you know how fishie said he could do 15 chin ups and i can only do 3 (it was 2) well my 63 year old welding teacher can do 18 chin ups
Old 05-14-06, 10:10 PM   #58
fishin fool
BassFishin.Com Member

OK guys let's doon't forget 1 thing here and that's genetics. Were your parents or grandparents big in size if not there's only so much you can do. I'm fat and way out of shape now because I haven't lifted or worked out for years. But I can still bench 185 and squat 375 but I'm 6'1" and 285. My son is a different story when he was a senior he was 6' 245, benched 375, squated 700 and hang clean 265. He ate everything that couldn't out run him.(My best bench when I lifted was 395 & I don't let him forget it.) The local high school where he played football turns out some monsters. But the football workout is gonna be alot different than a baseball,or basketball or even track workout. His workout was even alot different than mine was almost 30 years ago in HS. Here's how there's was. Upper body Monday and Thur. lower body Tues. and Fri. rest on Wed. They also did cardio (runnin their butts off) on Mondays and Fridays. As far as diet goes lot's of carbs(pastas and such) plenty of veggies, meats for protein. Plenty of whole milk also besides the fat for calories you need the calcium for your bones. If your a teenager leave the creatine alone it's hard on your liver because that's what processes it. Here's basically how my son lifted. When a weight is so heavy that it's all you can do to finish a 10th rep on the first set you start there. Next set add 10% and do 8 reps. Third and final set add 10% of that and do 6 reps. Allow 2 minutes rest in between each set. The best thing though is to see a doctor first don't care what your age, then check with someone who can advise you on proper lifting tech. as well as workout for a particular sport. One other thing you can check into is plymetrics the colleges and local hs are big into this now since finding out about it from olympic trainers this will increase your quickness as well as vertical leap. Took my son from a 5.2 forty to a legit electronically timed 4.7 in the forty at 6' 245 that wasn't bad.
fishin fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-06, 07:01 AM   #59
crankybait

my grandpa is healthy, and active. straight from india, they got no junk food and everything is manual. he is 89 years old and counting. my dad used to be in shape but now is fat.
Old 05-15-06, 09:16 AM   #60
Bassgrl81
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to Bassgrl81 Send a message via Yahoo to Bassgrl81

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB
heck you two should try lifting my tacklebox onto the boat and out again, thats a heavy workout lol..i bet its 60 lbs of junk in there
Haha JB, that sounds familiar!! My bag is chock full and everyone laughs and says how it's larger than me. Hey you can never be too prepared.

As for my workouts...I run 3-6 miles each day and I do pilates. I'm by no means a stick...I have curves.

Trista
Old 05-15-06, 09:31 AM   #61
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

my box is so heavy I take some stuff out depending on what body of water I go too...nice to hear Your Body has curve bassgrl rofl
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-06, 08:01 PM   #62
HulaPopr

Right now I'm training fo cross country, running 5-10 miles a day. Lifting every few days, nothing too heavy, but lots of repetitions to build up endurance. I've worked out before and I couldn't gain any weight if I tried, so being that I'm a small guy, I figured cross country and track would probably suit me well.
HulaPopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-06, 08:18 PM   #63
fishin fool
BassFishin.Com Member

Just because your small don't limit yourself. We had several kids on my sons football team that weren't big but got playin time at positions they were suited for. And who can forget Spud Webb playin in the NBA at less than 6 feet. The main thing is give 100% to whatever it is you enjoy whether its baseball,football,track,etc.(wrestling the hardest dang sport there is) or fishin, enjoy it with your friends or family, and don't quit once you've started at least give it till the end of the season.
Old 05-15-06, 09:15 PM   #64
HulaPopr

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishin fool
Just because your small don't limit yourself. We had several kids on my sons football team that weren't big but got playin time at positions they were suited for. And who can forget Spud Webb playin in the NBA at less than 6 feet. The main thing is give 100% to whatever it is you enjoy whether its baseball,football,track,etc.(wrestling the hardest dang sport there is) or fishin, enjoy it with your friends or family, and don't quit once you've started at least give it till the end of the season.
Well, size wasn't the only part of it. I figure distance running will do more for me physically in the long run (no pun intended) than some other sport. Good endurance and a strong heart will help for a long time. Plus, its something I'll be able to do for years to come.
HulaPopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-06, 01:50 PM   #65
flbassman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishin fool
wrestling the hardest dang sport there is
Yessir it is. I was the 119 this year, first year. Hardest thing I've ever been through. Got my meniscus torn in a hold, and I wasn't able to finish out the season. You a wrassler, or just know one?
Old 05-16-06, 10:19 PM   #66
fishin fool
BassFishin.Com Member

I wrestled some in HS but that was 30 years ago. Had to give it up grades started fallin tryin to play football and go straight into wrasslin. Parents had a fit on me both of them barely finished HS and they were gonna make sure their kids all graduated in good shape. Same as me makin sure mine were gonna go to college or some sort of extra schooling. My son as a BS in Computer Sci. daughter has BS in Nursing and other daughter starts her third year this fall workin on BS in Nursing. Main thing I told them was find something you love to do that will provide a living and you'll never work a day in your life, And I'll do what I can to try and help you get the training to do it.
Old 05-17-06, 04:04 PM   #67
flfireman

Ive always been told I have the body of a god. Unfortunately it's BUDDHA.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.