Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-12, 09:11 PM   #76
Dogmatic
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Really Rusty? 3000 yrs. ago. What economic bubble? Ever hear of the E.U. and the Euro, it's currency?
It's foolishness originates in Berlin, Frankfurt, and Brussels with the help of Morgan Stanley and Goldman-Sachs, and the foolishness of believing that you can have a single currency w/o a strong central government(hence, why they are not like the U.S.). Oops, I didn't realize you were "mentally challenged", my condolences.

Last edited by Dogmatic; 11-08-12 at 09:21 PM.
Dogmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-12, 11:16 PM   #77
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmatic View Post
Really Rusty? 3000 yrs. ago. What economic bubble? Ever hear of the E.U. and the Euro, it's currency?
It's foolishness originates in Berlin, Frankfurt, and Brussels with the help of Morgan Stanley and Goldman-Sachs, and the foolishness of believing that you can have a single currency w/o a strong central government(hence, why they are not like the U.S.). Oops, I didn't realize you were "mentally challenged", my condolences.
That last comment is way over the line, even for somebody as disrespectful and rude as you normally are. That's completely and utterly uncalled for.
Old 11-08-12, 11:29 PM   #78
bassboogieman

Dear Dog,

The bottom line of economics is you cannot spend more than you take in. You can't run a household that way, and the government can't do it either. Our debt is so deep as of today, it will take generations to pay it off (if deficit spending were to stop today). If the last decade is any indication, the next will put the USA on the precipice of bankruptcy or default on it's National debt. The middle class is facing extinction, when it's gone you'll have the Patricians on one side and the Plebians on the other and nothing in between for either of them to feed off of. At that point the USA will not be any better than Greece, Spain or any of several European countries find themselves currently and in fact become a second rate country. The greatest nation on the planet may fall - Greece did, Ancient Egypt, Rome did, The Soviet Union, and for many of the same reasons (class conflict and economics). History can and does repeat itself - I personally think our politicians are just too much in the way of pompass asses to realize it.

Quote:
the foolishness of believing that you can have a single currency w/o a strong central government(hence, why they are not like the U.S.).
I hate when you twist stuff around to suit your personal viewpoint. Everything I learned in school taught that the Founding Fathers in framing the govenment of the new United States of America (and writing the Constitution) purposely avoided setting up a strong "Central Govenment" as you allude to. They were in favor of a central Federal govenment that supported "States Rights" and also believed that a strong Central Government would be the biggest threat to civil liberty. It is only the more recent Liberal ideaolgy that wants a strong central government to create a dependant citizenry which will be thier foundation of power.

Sincerely, Boogers.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-12, 11:59 PM   #79
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
That last comment is way over the line, even for somebody as disrespectful and rude as you normally are. That's completely and utterly uncalled for.
The truly ridiculous part is that he came back later and edited his post to add the last sentence to it. He must have been thinking to himself "hmmmmm...my last post was good, but it's just missing something.....hmmm...I KNOW, let me add an ad hominem to spice things up! You know...make sure they remember who they're dealing with?!?"

Personally, I'm not going to argue global economics with a guy who has never owned or run anything more complicated than a fry station at McDonalds.
Old 11-09-12, 12:03 AM   #80
Dogmatic

1st, Mississippi, I didn't start it(refer to other thread),and in what way am I disrespectful or rude, bc I stand up for my views? 2nd, Booger, a strong central government is necessary when it comes to having a stable monetary system, and as a patriot, yea have little faith. To help you understand the Greek situation. Think of Greece as a state, (like FL, or TX ) of the EU. Say a state, like FL has a bubble burst, like something along the lines of housing, and the state now has a giant budget shortfall, or a state, let's say TX, has a banking collapse, much like the S&L crisis, and once again has a huge budget shortfall, who steps in and bails them out? You got it, the Federal government. Well, bc the EU, has no strong centralized government, Greece is at the whim of its partners in the EU. See the difference, see what makes us different from them, that and we are the reserve currency of the world, and we print our own currency, and we are nothing like a household, you and those like you have to stop thinking at it in that manner, its inaccurate, and has no connection to reality. NFE, I run my own business, employ 12 full time employees, and 34 part-timers. We will celebrate our 8th anniversary in February. Something tells me FBN won't give you the know how to argue a tip on your Denny's check let alone global economics with me.

Last edited by Dogmatic; 11-09-12 at 12:15 AM.
Old 11-09-12, 12:17 AM   #81
nofearengineer

Let everyone know when you're done editing, so they can retort.
Old 11-09-12, 12:20 AM   #82
Dogmatic

Your post came in before a finished responding to MS "outrage" and boogers naivete, so I just had to respond to your ignorance, but I'm done, have a good night.
Old 11-09-12, 12:28 AM   #83
joedog

[QUOTE=WTL;397401]*this thread is not political in the sense that nobody should use it to talk about what should be government policy or who should win*

If you can't respect each other at least respect the OP.
Ya I know WTL got in it and so did I....BEFORE I re-read OP.
I now intend to respect this request.

In The mean time PLEASE KEEP THE BICKERING AND SLY COMMENTS HERE!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-12, 12:40 AM   #84
TN_Bassin

No sly comments or bickering to be had from me... just some food for thought for those that think a larger Government spending more money we don't have is a good idea. Before proponents of that policy point fingers I'll say this. 16 trillion dollars of debt wasn't accrued over a presidential term... or 2 for that matter... it stems from people from both sides making bad decisions on the promise the we would someday have the money. Debt is a crutch, and any government that could let it's country get in this situation needs to step down before our liberties are taken away.

Current U.S Debt.................$16,000,000,000,000
..........................................._______ ________
Current U.S. Taxpayers..............139,000,000

Amount Each U.S taxpayer............$115,107
would have to pay to get us
out of the rabbit hole, in full,
tomorrow
(Lemme just dig into the
piggy bank, oh wait they took
that too)

All numbers are approx. Taxpayer number is based
on 2007 U.S census of taxpaying Americans.
Debt amount is based off of http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

Last edited by TN_Bassin; 11-09-12 at 12:51 AM.
TN_Bassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-12, 12:54 AM   #85
TN_Bassin

And a completly off topic side note.... check out the who's online list and look at all the spammers registering
Old 11-09-12, 11:10 AM   #86
bassboogieman

Dear Dog,

Talk about naivete-
Quote:
Think of Greece as a state, (like FL, or TX ) of the EU. Say a state, like FL has a bubble burst, like something along the lines of housing, and the state now has a giant budget shortfall, or a state, let's say TX, has a banking collapse, much like the S&L crisis, and once again has a huge budget shortfall, who steps in and bails them out? You got it, the Federal government
First, Greece is a Country, with provinces (like states or Canada). Second, the European Union is an ECONOMIC Union, not a govenmental one. Big difference, so once again you got the apples and oranges mixed all together to support a senseless position.

We are not talking about a State in dire economic stress, it's the National debt that affects ALL 50 States. Every taxpaying citizen has a share of it that most likely exceeds the mortgage on his/her house. We know it will be generations to get back on a balanced budget, and if you can't run a govenment on the revenue collected then spending money you don't have (credit) is not the way to do it either. Most responsible users of credit have a plan to repay it over time (hopefully short) and not continue building it into infininty. When the Feds crap out on it's debt it will take all 50 States right along with it, not to mention the 1000's of municipal govenments that will also follow it down the drain.

There are about 7 weeks before the crap overloads the fan, and unless someone blinks 2013 will be interesting.

Sincerely, Boogers.
Old 11-09-12, 12:16 PM   #87
nofearengineer

Bruce,

Please refrain from attempting to have rational discourse with Francis.

If Obama were caught sodomizing the Lindberg baby's corpse on the front lawn of the White house, Francis would still gladly hang a chad for him.

This is the single biggest mistake Conservatives make in arguing with liberals. They care about nothing but getting their free stuff. Period.

I ran into a bunch of Obama voters at the polls the other day:
Old 11-09-12, 12:36 PM   #88
bassboogieman

Quote:
Please refrain from attempting to have rational discourse with Francis.
Is that as in, Francis the Talking Mule?

OK, I'm done. Shall I go back and delete?

By-the-way, those things in your picture can kill their hosts.

But I guess you knew that, and I get your point.
Old 11-09-12, 09:37 PM   #89
kennethdaysale

CIA Director David Petraeus submits resignation just days before scheduled Benghazi testimony. Hollywood couldn't write a more twisted plot. Who in the world do they think they're fooling?
Old 11-09-12, 09:51 PM   #90
WTL

My request to keep politics out of the thread was really only intended for the election night coverage. I didnt really intend this thread to continue past that night. As it has, it has done its purpose of letting people let off steam.

The most important thing in everyone's life is their family, their friends, their church and their community. As disappointing as elections sometimes are, we should remember that, remember them, and seek to do what we can with an increasingly worse situation. Truly, we are spoiled rotten - to think we could have just as easily been born another time and another place, be it in Russia in 1874 or North China 1000 years ago or even Britain in the 19th century...or the United States in 1760...if we were born black....

Guys, just do what you can. Make the best of it.
Old 11-09-12, 10:11 PM   #91
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
My request to keep politics out of the thread was really only intended for the election night coverage. I didnt really intend this thread to continue past that night. As it has, it has done its purpose of letting people let off steam.

The most important thing in everyone's life is their family, their friends, their church and their community. As disappointing as elections sometimes are, we should remember that, remember them, and seek to do what we can with an increasingly worse situation. Truly, we are spoiled rotten - to think we could have just as easily been born another time and another place, be it in Russia in 1874 or North China 1000 years ago or even Britain in the 19th century...or the United States in 1760...if we were born black....

Guys, just do what you can. Make the best of it.
Billy Naming a thread {Election Thread} and then asking for no political comments is like saying "I'm about to slip and fall on a banana peel....but please No Laughter allowed"

Of course you are absolutely right about the important things, but regarding spoiled rotten....well. If just comparing our lives to what they might have been had we been born in another place or time or race is maybe just a little bit of a stretch for me. I remember my mother telling me things like "clean your plate son, their are starving people in Ethiopia that would". Ok I understand that but I hate boiled okra...if those ethiopians were standing outside the kitchen window I'd rake all my filthy boiled okra out there for them to eat.....but they're not. Besides I know good and well we've got some delicious speckled butter beans in the freezer, cause I helped pick and shell them.

Further if I was born in Russia in 1874 I wouldn't be ME but rather just some 19th century russian person.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.