Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 03-11-14, 04:37 PM   #26
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Bottom line, Mallen hit it on the head.
Quote:
It's all about respecting someone's privacy
I am inclined to respect (by nature) everyone that respects me - my rule is the Golden Rule. BUT should you violate that and disrespect me, I can be pretty venomous.

Telemarketers are disrespectful at the onset as they assume the people they call are too stupid to decide what they want for themselves and incapable of placing their own call to get it, but need some foreigner (many cases but not all) calling their home uninvited to try and sell them something most do not want. They prey on the old and infirm, fortunately I'm not that far gone, and are VERY pushy in the way they try to sell, becoming more aggressive the longer they have you on the line. Defense of the practice, on any grounds, is beyond my comprehension.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-14, 07:19 PM   #27
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Another idea is to tell them you are busy and would like THIER HOME phone number so you can call them when you have more time.

Another practice of mine.
They usually hang up, never to call again.
Old 03-11-14, 09:51 PM   #28
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

This is a conversation I always wanted to have with a female telemarketer, but was always too annoyed to be on the phone that long.

TM-Mr McCarty, would you be interested in hearing about this totally useless product, that, if you even bothered to use it, would break the first time?

Me-No

TM-I understand that Mr McCarty, but I think if you allowed me to waste several minutes of your personal time, you may purchase this useless item just to make me shut up. Would you like to put off whatever it was you were doing, so I could tell you how wonderful, this crappy product really is?

Me- No

Mr McCarty, can I....(this is where I interrupt)

Me-Let me ask you this. Let's say we met in a bar. We went back to your place. We started kissing and I went for your bra strap. At this point, you told me no.
I did it anyways, and had my way with you.
What would happen then?

TM-I would charge you with rape.

Me-Rape??? Why???

TM-Because I said "no"

Me- Now you know how I feel!

Click
Old 03-16-14, 11:27 PM   #29
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

This doesn't REALLY count as a telemarketer, since any place you subscribe to.....or have subscribed to, recently, is exempt from the do not call list.

Shannon, an Alabama girl called me the other day to renew my subscription to Bass Master.

I actually am still subscribed, but I went outside the box, since I ordered a new subscription through an ex gf's daughter.

I promised I would call her back, soon lol

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.