Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-12-09, 09:52 PM   #26
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Yep. You run the hook between the senko and the o-ring. It never punches into-and tears-the plastic. Thus the longevity Tom speaks of.
Old 05-12-09, 10:13 PM   #27
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh i was wondering. NOW i understand. thaks for the tip. explains why when i used (once) my worm didn't last very long,lol.
Old 05-13-09, 03:06 AM   #28
Lancer6
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser View Post
Yep. You run the hook between the senko and the o-ring. It never punches into-and tears-the plastic. Thus the longevity Tom speaks of.
Right! The exception being if the O-ring is not sufficiently snug and a bass actually steals the stick w/o engaging the hook. THEN it's a good idea to pierce the plastic as well. I do so on an angle rather than in line with the long axis of the worm. Seems to work but it DOES result in short life spans for Senkos. TikiStiks and YUM Dingers seem to hold up better when pierced.

L6
Lancer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-09, 09:04 PM   #29
Bill M
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Tom does not pierce the stickbait, just places hook under the o-ring, the right size o-ring is very key to the wacky tool/stickbait , I have them custom made by the manufacturer for that reason..no slippage from the senko/o-ring
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-09, 04:20 AM   #30
islandbass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Definitely true. I was fortunate to receive BillM's device a couple seasons or so ago but I didn't get a chance to use it until recently. A very good percentage of my bass have been caught with senkos wacky rigged with his tool. Thanks, Bill. Now if only you can teach me how to paint.

You got it right. That is how the tool is meant to work. A pen would work, but Bill's apparatus perfectly fits the senko and is smaller diameter will make it easier to slide the O ring onto the senko.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.