Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-10, 01:42 AM   #1
Embrey
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default anybody have problems finding people to fish?

I searched all day trying to find buddies to go fish this weekend at guntersville. Pretty much everyone was afraid of their wife and their life after the fact. Damn I didn't know the world was this much whipped...lol
Embrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-10, 02:02 AM   #2
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Yeah. My one buddy used to live an hour away but moved to about 5 minutes from me. But we only fished together twice last season cuz his wife locks up his tackle box next to his cajones.
Another buddy never has time to go but I think he's scared of being outfished
Old 02-20-10, 03:29 AM   #3
screwballl

women married to guys that actually do plenty of fishing usually do not mind if they go out a few times per month, or once a month for an all day trip. He probably did plenty of fishing when they were dating so she is used to it. Some women even like to go fishing with their men.
For the rest of the guys that don't go fishing much, thats an area where their wives have them well trained. I wish my brother in law lived closer since he also loves to fish and we get along.

I try to get out at least every 2 weeks or so depending on the plans, even if it is a mile or two away from home at a small pond or creek channel (where I caught that nice 16" 2.5lb bass 2 weeks ago).
screwballl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-10, 09:28 AM   #4
BassinNC

I don't have any problem, I fish every sat and I'm married.
Old 02-20-10, 09:52 AM   #5
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I'm pretty lucky with my wife, she doesn't say much even if I fish most all of the time. The hard part in my area is that it seems like nobody fishes for bass, but I like fishing alone anyway.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-10, 11:32 AM   #6
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I'd just as soon go alone than not fish because no one wanted to go. Luckily for me, my dad will almost always go with me, so I do have a fishing partner.

BB
Old 02-20-10, 11:48 AM   #7
bassinbob

No wife here so I can go whenever I want to. Most of the women I've dated since the divorce were aware of my obsession so they either excepted it or were gone. I have a fishing buddy who is engaged and he goes whenever he wants to. We'll see if that changes after he is married.
Old 02-20-10, 11:56 AM   #8
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I'm pretty lucky with my wife, she doesn't say much even if I fish most all of the time. The hard part in my area is that it seems like nobody fishes for bass, but I like fishing alone anyway.

Haha. Like when you tell her you might be home from work late, and pull out of your driveway haulin the Stratos?
Old 02-20-10, 03:46 PM   #9
Bassboss

Ya, I wish I had a fishing buddy that was not a complete noob. Hard to come by around here!
Old 02-20-10, 05:17 PM   #10
MallenManson

Well boss, when you're by yourself, at least you're in good company.
Lol actually I really should fish by myself all the time, since I talk to my fish
Old 02-20-10, 05:52 PM   #11
1/4 stick

I can find plenty of people to go fishing with me. Finding a place to fish other than the big lakes that you need a boat to fish and you have to spend a chunk of time driving to, is getting more and more difficult. Got to get's me a jon boat this year.

Last edited by 1/4 stick; 02-20-10 at 06:03 PM.
1/4 stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-10, 06:01 PM   #12
MallenManson

No doubt, 1/4. I am still mad it took me so long to put a boat in the water.
Old 02-20-10, 06:10 PM   #13
1/4 stick

Well I have to get a truck or something to haul it first. I just don't feel comfortable strapping one to the top of the ole Nissan Sentra. lol..
My issue is keeping the money in the bank to save for it. I have no will power when it comes to spending money. And my credit record sucks cause of getting sick and being without funds for so long. I tried to finance something last year and the salesman showed me the returned, deniged application. It had a big red stamp on it that said, "ROTFLMFAO!!!! You got to be kidding!?!?" lol
Old 02-20-10, 07:18 PM   #14
screwballl

thats why I get what I know I can afford... like my $100 canoe

When we were looking at vehicles a few years back, we went in one dealership, they looked at my wifes credit score and said she had the pick of anything they sell or custom order regardless of price even though she had zero income. Then they looked at mine with mediocre credit score and the household income, and brought out a BMX bike saying thats all my credit would allow me to finance there.

We know it was a joke (we had some friends that worked there), but we got a few strange looks from other customers.
screwballl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-10, 07:35 PM   #15
Rebbasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallenManson View Post
Well boss, when you're by yourself, at least you're in good company.
Lol actually I really should fish by myself all the time, since I talk to my fish
So do I, Mallen, but they never answer back. If they do THEN there is a problem.

My problem is the one guy I want to fish with-Lancer6-isn't well enough to go right now. I have plenty that want to go, but very few are guys that really know what they are doing, so I spend a lot of time teaching, which I love to do. But sometimes I just want to fish and not teach.
Old 02-20-10, 07:58 PM   #16
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser View Post
So do I, Mallen, but they never answer back. If they do THEN there is a problem.

My problem is the one guy I want to fish with-Lancer6-isn't well enough to go right now. I have plenty that want to go, but very few are guys that really know what they are doing, so I spend a lot of time teaching, which I love to do. But sometimes I just want to fish and not teach.

Yep, stoopid bass just don't seem to understand plain English. Hopefully Lancer will be getting out there with you soon
Old 02-20-10, 09:28 PM   #17
woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embrey View Post
I searched all day trying to find buddies to go fish this weekend at guntersville. Pretty much everyone was afraid of their wife and their life after the fact. Damn I didn't know the world was this much whipped...lol
Not everyone has it as good as you, Embrey. But all kidding aside; I'm sure they will be able to go fishing one of these days. Until then, I'll be out there putting my time in.

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-10, 12:42 AM   #18
Jrob78

I've got a few buddies that I fish with from time to time. Waffle and I tore up the rainbow trout this morning and had a blast! While I agree it is usually more fun to fish with someone you enjoy being around, I really don't mind fishing alone either. Sometimes the solitude is a good thing. When you're on fish though it's great to share that with someone who appreciates it as much as you.

Last edited by Jrob78; 02-21-10 at 01:02 AM.
Jrob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-10, 01:21 AM   #19
bcklash

I fish anytime I want to. My wife knows her potbellied stallion will find his way home. And my fishing partners aren't married, Bassinbandit has never been married and my other fishing partner well he's been divorced 3x with 2 kids (full house). So he can go anytime he wants to.

So I go fishing any where from 3 to 5 times a wk.
Old 02-21-10, 01:42 AM   #20
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
I fish anytime I want to. My wife knows her potbellied stallion will find his way home. And my fishing partners aren't married, Bassinbandit has never been married and my other fishing partner well he's been divorced 3x with 2 kids (full house). So he can go anytime he wants to.

So I go fishing any where from 3 to 5 times a wk.

Heaven on earth eh lash?
Last year I usually went at least 3 days a week, since I almost always had 3 day weekends.
Wasn't out of the question for me to put in for a couple hours after work though either
Old 02-21-10, 02:52 AM   #21
Jrob78

Quote:
Last year I usually went at least 3 days a week, since I almost always had 3 day weekends.
Wasn't out of the question for me to put in for a couple hours after work though either
Last summer when it stayed light out until 9:00 I would go probably 6 days a week on average. Did a fair amount of night fishing too. That is one nice thing about not having a boat, a fishing trip doesn't have to be a major undertaking.
Jrob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-10, 10:21 AM   #22
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
Last summer when it stayed light out until 9:00 I would go probably 6 days a week on average. Did a fair amount of night fishing too. That is one nice thing about not having a boat, a fishing trip doesn't have to be a major undertaking.

I'm not set up for night fishing or I woulda been staying out later quite a bit. Especially on the nights when I headed for the lake at 7 lol
Old 02-21-10, 10:30 AM   #23
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallenManson View Post
I'm not set up for night fishing or I woulda been staying out later quite a bit. Especially on the nights when I headed for the lake at 7 lol
You don't really need anything special other than a flashlight. In warmer weather I usually get out 4,5,6 days a week.Sometimes in the summer I'll head out 1 or 2 a.m. and fish until I have to go to work and just take the boat to work with me. Thank God I have a very understanding wife. She has never tried to stop me from fishing.
Old 02-21-10, 02:54 PM   #24
Embrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
I'd just as soon go alone than not fish because no one wanted to go. Luckily for me, my dad will almost always go with me, so I do have a fishing partner.

BB
oh i wanted too...but it costs a bit to make a trip like that on your own. plus you never know when a little help might be needed,especially with wind down there involved.
Embrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-10, 06:32 PM   #25
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassintom View Post
You don't really need anything special other than a flashlight. In warmer weather I usually get out 4,5,6 days a week.Sometimes in the summer I'll head out 1 or 2 a.m. and fish until I have to go to work and just take the boat to work with me. Thank God I have a very understanding wife. She has never tried to stop me from fishing.

I was actually thinkin about that when I was In Harbor Freight a few days ago. They had 2 packs of LED flashlights

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.