Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-10, 09:36 PM   #51
1/4 stick
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallenManson View Post
With "The Voices", you've always got fishing partners
Yesir, and when they're talkative is when it's best I fish alone.
Old 02-22-10, 10:32 PM   #52
bcklash

The voices I hear is Dad get the net or Ron get the net. Either way I'm always getting the ding-dang net. giiiiiiiit the neeeeeet
Old 02-23-10, 11:32 AM   #53
AUFred
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4 stick View Post
That's the problem I always had with my ex-wives. First it was, "Oh honey go ahead and go fishing tomorrow." Then when I got back it was the silent treatment till I couldn't take it anymore and asked what was stuck up their craw.
"When I said I didn't mind you going fishing, you know I didn't mean all day."
To which I replied, "You know when I said I was going fishing today I said today, not part of today."
And that's how some of the fights started.

For me I end up going to bed early so I can head out before daylight. By the time I get home from fishing clean whatever fish I keep, put up the boat and fishing gear & shower I want a nap.
AUFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-10, 11:46 AM   #54
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUFred View Post
For me I end up going to bed early so I can head out before daylight. By the time I get home from fishing clean whatever fish I keep, put up the boat and fishing gear & shower I want a nap.

Ah yes....the post fishing nap. I'm a big fan myself. Plus it's good to recharge your batteries before the evening trip lol
Old 02-27-10, 10:33 AM   #55
bassfisher
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I'm very blessed with a great wife. We fish and she hunts. I use to hunt, but stopped 35 years ago, and she is trying to got me started again. I keep telling her, between motorcycling, and fishing, I don't need a another hobbie. Oh we ride too, she has my old bike. Got ta love a woman like her, and sorry guys, all her sisters are miarried!!

BTW we love night fishing, no one to bother you. We use blacklights, florescent line, and cap lights, and lots of bug spray. We sleep on the boat also, we just take our sleeping bags with us, and tie up to some trees and sleep 4/5 hours, and start all over again at dawn. I'm also trying to talk her into keeping our old boat, that way she has a boat to use to take her girlfriends fishing with.
bassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-10, 11:19 AM   #56
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

I'm having a problem trying to get someone to take me fishing when I hit Fla. in April. Since I'm traveling light it means I am depending on others to get me out on the water. So far only one member has offered to fish with me. Looks like it will be one long boring week in Fla. driving around doing NOTHING!
Old 03-01-10, 08:46 PM   #57
Boddyaxes
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Re:

Quite right! I think, what is it good idea.
Boddyaxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 06:12 PM   #58
Cavs1123

1 person goes with me
Cavs1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 09:48 PM   #59
bassboogieman

As I have a boat, I have no problem getting someone to go along. Some of the guys would like to go more often, but I try to spead the back deck around. I also like to go out alone, that's not too easy to do without getting some one ticked at me. I don't have much problem with finding someone to take off for a few days or long weekend to go finshing somewhere. One or two calls and I've got the back deck filled.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 12:27 AM   #60
Bender

I was thinking about this again, it seems strange that I have a hard time finding somebody to go fishing with me up here. A lot of people pay a lot of money to go fish with guides. I don't even ask for gas money if I had already planned on going, maybe I'm a jack@$$ to fish with. Actually I don't think there are many people at all that fish for bass around here, which is also fine with me. I have 5,000 acre lakes all to myself all the time.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 12:52 AM   #61
screwballl

I've about given up on my brother in law... this past weekend I called him the day before said I was going to a specific lake just up the road from him, he was being flaky "maybe I will be there, maybe I will be here watching the race, maybe will go to Drews..."

And then find out he still went out fishing but the lake half an hour out of the way the other direction... so I guess I won't ask him to use his boat for my birthday ever again. He even flaked out on his own mother this same weekend... oh well I got the canoe so I can do what I need to with it.
screwballl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 09:17 PM   #62
tarpon120
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embrey View Post
I searched all day trying to find buddies to go fish this weekend at guntersville. Pretty much everyone was afraid of their wife and their life after the fact. Damn I didn't know the world was this much whipped...lol
Man, me and my wife went up one side and down the other last Sunday, Had four calcuttas and gear with us, wish we had known. She also fishes pretty good, has the largest bass on the wall in this house (she talks too much, kayaks were a godsend) just kidding. We were looking for property,
no luck, if chickens are present on the road we are not far enough out, lots 200+. Good luck we may hit short creek this weekend.
tarpon120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 09:22 PM   #63
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

Quote:
Originally Posted by screwballl View Post
I've about given up on my brother in law... this past weekend I called him the day before said I was going to a specific lake just up the road from him, he was being flaky "maybe I will be there, maybe I will be here watching the race, maybe will go to Drews..."

And then find out he still went out fishing but the lake half an hour out of the way the other direction... so I guess I won't ask him to use his boat for my birthday ever again. He even flaked out on his own mother this same weekend... oh well I got the canoe so I can do what I need to with it.
You can take me fishing when I get down there next month...
Old 03-05-10, 09:37 PM   #64
bamabassman

Wellll, got another ol friend form high school that wants to go out with me in april. Think i should charge for these trips? Hahahaha.
Old 03-05-10, 09:58 PM   #65
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
Wellll, got another ol friend form high school that wants to go out with me in april. Think i should charge for these trips? Hahahaha.
I guess if I can find my way down there in June I'll have to pay ya?
Old 03-06-10, 12:08 AM   #66
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
I guess if I can find my way down there in June I'll have to pay ya?
Just bring him a helicopter lure and he'll forget all about the money.
Old 03-06-10, 02:02 AM   #67
screwballl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassintom View Post
You can take me fishing when I get down there next month...
part of the problem in this area is that half the panhandle is the Eglin AFB reservation land littered with various small ponds from 2-40 acres, If you are retired military then you would have no problem. Otherwise the only normal lakes would be at the north end of the counties...
Hurricane Lake (good bassin), Karick Lake and Bear Lake (poor bassin), Lake Victor and Lake Stone (both good bassin). That also means each of these are at least an hour and a half drive from Destin...

but I will keep an eye out for my crazy work schedule and see if I can squeeze out a weekend day away when you are here... I will let you know as the time comes closer.
screwballl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-10, 09:17 AM   #68
bamabassman

Ron you just let me know when oyu are coming pal. Now as for ol stick..................let me know 2 weeks ahead of time so's i can make other plans, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! kidding. But do send me the helicopter lures, i am collecting them for a museum, lol.
Old 03-09-10, 05:54 PM   #69
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

I think I'll have an easier time finding people to fish this year. Couple of my buddies were dealing with house and baby issues so that should lessen up.
My one buddy has been dying to get out there ever since watching the Classic.
I'm gonna take a DVD of Zona fishing smallies, an hour from us, over to his place tomorrow.
He'll be cryin by the time that's over

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.