Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-10, 09:48 PM   #1
CMorg
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Patrick Krueger, Jr.?

I see his last activity is in Feburary. Anyone have any info ?
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-10, 09:51 PM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I was wondering about him the other day. Haven't heard anything but I wish someone would so we could all be brought up to date.
Old 05-20-10, 09:55 PM   #3
WTL

There is an obituary here, but I thought he was from Wisconsin and this obit is from kentucky....He was young, not sure if this is the same Patrick...

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ken...&pid=140342546
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-10, 10:22 PM   #4
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
There is an obituary here, but I thought he was from Wisconsin and this obit is from kentucky....He was young, not sure if this is the same Patrick...

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ken...&pid=140342546
"Our" Patrick said he was 32 when he last posted in January. Not sure if it's the same one either, but sadly, it sure seems like it.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-10, 10:50 PM   #5
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

Patrick Krueger, Jr.
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

My cancer:
I was diagnosed with testiticular cancer on 12/3/07. It had already matastized and I've gone through several cycles of different types of chemotherapy. I saw my oncologist on 1/11 and he said that he expects me to pass away within the "next couple of months". Since then I've gone downhill fast. Everything from my waste down is severely swollen and there are blood clots in my legs, so I can no longer walk. I'm in constant pain. l just moved into a nursing home 1/28.

I am 32 years old. My daughter will be 15 on 3/7.

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. According to the bible Jesus can heal me completely. I ask my Christian brothers to pray for my complete health, with full faith, in the name of Jesus Christ.

Thank you and God bless.

I sure pray this isn't his last post.
Old 05-20-10, 11:05 PM   #6
1/4 stick

I sure do hope it's not him. I'm still praying for him anyhow.
Old 05-21-10, 10:48 AM   #7
MississippiBoy

I've got a really bad feeling that it's him. I'm hoping it's not, but I just really think it is.

Dear Lord, we pray for our brother Patrick. If he is still on this earth, we pray for comfort for him and his family. Be with him, ease his suffering, and give strength to his family. If it is in Your will, I pray for healing. Nothing is impossible for You. If You desire it, make him whole, remove the cancer, and let him stay here with his family and friends.
But if not, and he is already by Your side, then he needs no more prayer. He is in no more pain, no weakness, no suffering. He can walk again, run again, jump for joy again...and there is much to be joyful about there with You.
Instead, we pray for his family. Give them comfort in their loss, and strength, and the knowledge that Patrick is with You forever and ever and ever, time without end, looking down on them with love and happiness. Their sorrow is fleeting, but their joy will be forever. Even Jesus wept at the death of his friend, but it did not last. Give them this hope, that death is not the end, and Patrick is with You.
In You Son's name we pray, Amen.

Jeremiah 31:12-13
12 They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion;
they will rejoice in the bounty of the LORD—
the grain, the new wine and the oil,
the young of the flocks and herds.
They will be like a well-watered garden,
and they will sorrow no more.

13 Then maidens will dance and be glad,
young men and old as well.
I will turn their mourning into gladness;
I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Old 05-21-10, 10:49 AM   #8
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Krueger, Jr.

I am 32 years old. My daughter will be 15 on 3/7.
Date of the obituary: Published in Lexington Herald-Leader on March 6, 2010
Old 05-21-10, 10:52 AM   #9
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
I've got a really bad feeling that it's him. I'm hoping it's not, but I just really think it is.

Dear Lord, we pray for our brother Patrick. If he is still on this earth, we pray for comfort for him and his family. Be with him, ease his suffering, and give strength to his family. If it is in Your will, I pray for healing. Nothing is impossible for You. If You desire it, make him whole, remove the cancer, and let him stay here with his family and friends.
But if not, and he is already by Your side, then he needs no more prayer. He is in no more pain, no weakness, no suffering. He can walk again, run again, jump for joy again...and there is much to be joyful about there with You.
Instead, we pray for his family. Give them comfort in their loss, and strength, and the knowledge that Patrick is with You forever and ever and ever, time without end, looking down on them with love and happiness. Their sorrow is fleeting, but their joy will be forever. Even Jesus wept at the death of his friend, but it did not last. Give them this hope, that death is not the end, and Patrick is with You.
In You Son's name we pray, Amen.

Jeremiah 31:12-13
12 They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion;
they will rejoice in the bounty of the LORD—
the grain, the new wine and the oil,
the young of the flocks and herds.
They will be like a well-watered garden,
and they will sorrow no more.

13 Then maidens will dance and be glad,
young men and old as well.
I will turn their mourning into gladness;
I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Amen to that.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-10, 11:05 AM   #10
Kevin
Administrator

It seems as though our friend Patrick has left us to be with the Lord....

http://www.sentinel-echo.com/obituar...vin-Krueger-Jr

LAUREL COUNTY, Ky. — Patrick Kevin Krueger Jr., 32, Filter Plant Road, East Bernstadt, formerly of St. Zion, Ill., passed away Thursday, March 4, 2010, at his father’s residence.

Born Dec. 21, 1977 in Libertyville, Ill., he was the son of Patrick Kevin Krueger and wife, Carol, of East Bernstadt, and Nancy Ezell, of Zion, Ill.

Survivors include his parents and step-mother; a daughter, Summer Krueger, of Kenosha, Wisc.; brothers and sisters, Charity Willenburg and husband, Vick, of Beachpark, Ill., Rebecca Teschler, of Belgium, John Paolantino and wife, Leanna, of Lexington, Ky., Heather Baker and husband, Jamie, of London, Ky., and Ryan Paolantino, of East Bernstadt.

Funeral services were conducted at 2 p.m. Saturday, March, 6, at Grace Fellowship Church with memorial service conducted by minister Dale Campbell.

House-Rawlings Funeral Home was in charge of arrangement.

I pray the Lord eases his family's suffering and gives them supernatural strength to overcome their grief. May they be blessed with new joy and happiness, knowing Patrick is no longer suffering and is in the hands of a good God.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-10, 11:24 AM   #11
BassinNC

Man that's sad. I wasn't around long before his last post but still.
Pray for his family.
Old 05-21-10, 11:31 AM   #12
Kevin
Administrator

Looking back at Patrick's posts here on BassFishin.Com... I found a post of his that really stood out. It was in a thread titled, "Meeting People While Fishing" and Patrick shared a story of his...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Krueger, Jr. View Post
I'll never forget the time in June of '04 when I was on the public fishing pier on Lake Michigan here in Winthrop Harbor with 25 - 30 mph winds from the north, so the pier was empty. I was at the end of the pier casting to where the waves were crashing into the rocks. I got a bite every cast! An older feller walked down to ask what I was using. I explained that after breaking off a baby bass Bomber, I'd tied on an old Rapala that I'd found, a pike broke that off, and I was now swimming a grub and getting them. I offered to let him use one of my rods, but he said he never used anything but closed-faced spinning reels. He leaves and about a half hour later shows up with a rod and reel combo, some hooks, some nightcrawlers, two brats, two root beers, and a huge plate of cheese fries from the hot dog stand. Unfortunately, the combo he bought was a real piece of junk from the gas station, with line that snapped as he tried to cinch down a knot. It took some convincing to get him to try my spinning reel, his concern being that in the past he'd get the line all wrapped up in the reel all the time and he didn't want to ruin my line. I took the handle off the left side and put it on the right and it made it more comfortable for him. He would start laughing so hard every time he'd get one on, it was absolutely infectious. He and I had the best fishing day of our lives together. As we were leaving, I asked him to please keep the rod and reel (it was just a $40 combo), but he said he had plenty at home in Tennessee. He was up here because his brother had passed away. I got his number and invited him and his wife to come over for dinner that night.

The thing is, I'm a punk rocker. I had a blue mohawk with a rat tatooed on the left side of my skull, spiked bracelet, rock t-shirt, and combat boots. He was a 70 year old southerner.
Our prayers are with you Patrick!
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-10, 12:39 PM   #13
WTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Looking back at Patrick's posts here on BassFishin.Com... I found a post of his that really stood out. It was in a thread titled, "Meeting People While Fishing" and Patrick shared a story of his...

Our prayers are with you Patrick!
Man, I remember that post...when was that? It stuck with me a while...
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-10, 12:58 PM   #14
Jim80

Man that is terrible he was a great guy to talk with and will be missed for sure .

jim
Old 05-21-10, 01:08 PM   #15
everettvet

I was talking to my wife the other day as I closed the computer and got off the forum. She asked about "the 2 guys with cancer" on the forum. I told her that one was back on the forum and was fishing and seemed to be doing well, but the other one I don't know and I fear the worse for him. She made a comment that I speak of them like I know them and they are not just posts or names on a screen. I never had the chance to meet Patrick and that is a shame. I got to meet Zooker and several of the people that post on here last May at Kentucky Lake. Although I didn't fish that day and I could only stay for a few hours, it was the best trip to Kentucky Lake I made last year. I gained friends that day and that is a lot more than a name on a screen. It is so easy for us (especially me) to take for granted the people in our lives. That is something for me to work on! Thanks to all the people on this forum that make this such a great place to be. My prayers go out to Patrick's family and anyone who has lost someone they care about to cancer.
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-10, 01:50 PM   #16
1/4 stick

That's really sad news. I remember that post Kevin. I still get the image of a punk rocker and and a old man laughing it up on the pier. Thankfully the lord doesn't judge us on our appearance or several of us, especially me, would be in trouble. The lord judges us by our hearts, souls, and deeds. And that post says a lot toward his deeds and his heart. I'll be praying that God gives his family strength and guidence through this difficult time in their lives.
Old 05-21-10, 01:58 PM   #17
brushhog

Damn... just sad... I recall that post about meeting people and I recall laughing at the image. Clearly Patrick had a good heart and I'm certain those who knew him will recall him that way!
Old 05-21-10, 02:03 PM   #18
WaffleJaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4 stick View Post
That's really sad news. I remember that post Kevin. I still get the image of a punk rocker and and a old man laughing it up on the pier. Thankfully the lord doesn't judge us on our appearance or several of us, especially me, would be in trouble. The lord judges us by our hearts, souls, and deeds. And that post says a lot toward his deeds and his heart. I'll be praying that God gives his family strength and guidence through this difficult time in their lives.
I remember that post as well...Such a good story that I think touched alot of us...It is an excellent example of a kind hearted soul.
He will be missed.
Old 05-21-10, 02:59 PM   #19
MIbasser

RIP Patrick. Prayers sent for you family.
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-10, 04:07 PM   #20
66KingFisher

I was thinking about him a week or so ago......Thanks for the update, even though its not the one I wanted to hear. My thoughts and prayers go out to his daughter and family.....RIP Patrick.
66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-10, 06:05 PM   #21
bcklash

RIP Patrick
Old 05-21-10, 07:08 PM   #22
CMorg

Yeah , I agree this was our Patrick , in Kevins link it says..

Survivors include his parents and step-mother; a daughter, Summer Krueger, of Kenosha, Wisc.;

In his info on here it says Kenosha , Wisc. Well , I had a feeling this was what had happened. Thats too bad.
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-10, 08:09 PM   #23
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Wow, I was hoping it wasn't him. Didn't know him well, but he always seemed like a great guy.
From what he told us of his condition, I'm sure he's better off now.
RIP Patrick
Old 05-21-10, 08:29 PM   #24
nofearengineer

I wonder if it would be a nice gesture to send them a card telling him how well thought of he was here, and that they weren't the only ones who cared about him.
Old 05-21-10, 08:43 PM   #25
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
I wonder if it would be a nice gesture to send them a card telling him how well thought of he was here, and that they weren't the only ones who cared about him.

I would certainly think so

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.