Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-12, 01:09 PM   #1
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Secret Santa, Christmas 2012

If anybody wants to do a Secret Santa gift exchange, send me a PM with "Secret Santa" as the title and include your name and address in the body. $25 is the minimum and you must have at least 100 posts to participate. We will leave the registration open until sometime next week. If we have enough participants, I will get the names drawn at the end of next week.
Old 11-28-12, 02:06 PM   #2
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

I'm down like a clown.
Old 11-28-12, 05:16 PM   #3
bcklash

I'm down like a clown like tpam.
Old 11-29-12, 09:47 PM   #4
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I'm game, I always love these things.
Old 11-29-12, 11:52 PM   #5
Jrob78

Ok, we've got 4 so far. I guess it doesn't really matter how many people participate, it will still work out. I will leave it open through the weekend, hopefully a few more people will want to join in.

Also, Bubba and Lash, do me a favor and go ahead and still send me the pm, please. I know I have your information but it helps me keep things organized if I have all the pm's with addresses together. Thanks
Old 11-30-12, 07:51 AM   #6
keithdog

I'd love to but I can't this year. Things are too tight right now. Maybe bext time.
Old 11-30-12, 05:36 PM   #7
nobass

sign me up
Old 11-30-12, 05:52 PM   #8
WatterBoy

I'm in. PM sent.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-12, 06:59 PM   #9
Jrob78

Thanks guys, PM's received. We're up to 6.
Old 11-30-12, 07:05 PM   #10
bcklash

BassinBandit said he's in
Old 12-02-12, 12:27 PM   #11
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Count me in...depending on the ship by date I may be a little late. I'll be gone the first half of Dec. or I might be able to get it done while I'm back home hunting...LOL
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-12, 01:37 PM   #12
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCbassman View Post
Count me in...depending on the ship by date I may be a little late. I'll be gone the first half of Dec. or I might be able to get it done while I'm back home hunting...LOL
No worries, I will probably make the ship date the week before Christmas or thereabouts. I'm sure everyone could use a little time to get all their shopping done this time of year.

I will draw the names tomorrow evening, if you haven't signed up yet or are on the fence, you have a day to decide.
Old 12-04-12, 03:07 AM   #13
Jrob78

Ok, these are the people who've signed up. Check and make sure I didn't miss anyone. If you want to get in, send me a PM asap. I will draw the names sometime tomorrow (Tuesday). I'm thinking around the 18th or 19th is about the latest you can mail something and insure it arrives by Christmas. I'm not going to set a hard deadline but try to get your package sent out in time for Christmas.

Also, feel free to throw hints out there. It certainly doesn't mean you will get what you ask for but it can't hurt.

C-rig
Bubba
Bcklash
nobass
Watterboy
Bassinbandit
USMCbassman
Jrob
Old 12-04-12, 07:06 PM   #14
aikenyounggun

I always miss these things and always feel like an idiot. I'm down if its still open.
Old 12-04-12, 07:10 PM   #15
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikenyounggun View Post
I always miss these things and always feel like an idiot. I'm down if its still open.
I haven't drawn the names yet, I will this evening. Send me the PM and you're in.
Old 12-05-12, 01:11 AM   #16
Jrob78

PM's have been sent. Let the games begin.
Old 12-05-12, 11:00 AM   #17
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Thanks for doing this Joe!
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-12, 07:48 PM   #18
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCbassman View Post
Thanks for doing this Joe!
No thanks needed, I really enjoy it too!

I'm curious about what you guys want to get as your gifts. Not specifically but in general. I think of this as a way to get stuff that you wouldn't normally buy for yourself, in my mind, that's usually high end stuff. I normally try to buy 1 or 2 high priced items vs. several low priced things that the person already has or could easily buy for themselves. There have been exceptions to that but usually not.

So....for example, would you rather get a Megabass crankbait, or a Handmade Balsa crankbait, or maybe 2 Lucky Craft baits......OR, would you rather get a couple bags of Senkos and a Bandit crankbait and a pack of hooks? I guess my question is, several low priced items or 1 big ticket item? Which would you prefer?
Old 12-05-12, 09:44 PM   #19
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
No thanks needed, I really enjoy it too!

I'm curious about what you guys want to get as your gifts. Not specifically but in general. I think of this as a way to get stuff that you wouldn't normally buy for yourself, in my mind, that's usually high end stuff. I normally try to buy 1 or 2 high priced items vs. several low priced things that the person already has or could easily buy for themselves. There have been exceptions to that but usually not.

So....for example, would you rather get a Megabass crankbait, or a Handmade Balsa crankbait, or maybe 2 Lucky Craft baits......OR, would you rather get a couple bags of Senkos and a Bandit crankbait and a pack of hooks? I guess my question is, several low priced items or 1 big ticket item? Which would you prefer?
I am a pretty easy guy to buy for, I like and appreciate pretty much anything. I am sort of a crankbait junky, and I have fallen in love with squarebills over the last several years but I use everything from squarebills to deep divers. One thing I have been meaning to stock up a little more on are Megabass Vision jerkbaits. Not that I am asking for one from my secret santa, I just really need to pick a few more of them up before spring. I agree that this is a good way to get people some tackle that they normally wouldn't get for themselves. For example a few years back I was given some soft plastic baits from a member in a gift exchange, these plastics were from a company I had never heard of but were local to the members area. Not only were they great baits but it's really cool to have a brand of bait that is good quality but not well known in your part of the country.
Old 12-05-12, 09:52 PM   #20
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
I am a pretty easy guy to buy for, I like and appreciate pretty much anything. I am sort of a crankbait junky, and I have fallen in love with squarebills over the last several years but I use everything from squarebills to deep divers. One thing I have been meaning to stock up a little more on are Megabass Vision jerkbaits. Not that I am asking for one from my secret santa, I just really need to pick a few more of them up before spring. I agree that this is a good way to get people some tackle that they normally wouldn't get for themselves. For example a few years back I was given some soft plastic baits from a member in a gift exchange, these plastics were from a company I had never heard of but were local to the members area. Not only were they great baits but it's really cool to have a brand of bait that is good quality but not well known in your part of the country.
That's exactly what I mean. I should have also mentioned the local baits. I am always happy with what I get and I have never gotten anything that I didn't use. It is really cool though when you get something you wouldn't be as likely to buy for yourself. Sometimes that's because it's relatively expensive, other times it's because you didn't even know it existed.
Old 12-05-12, 09:53 PM   #21
nobass

myself i enjoy getting about anything . most people buy what they like to use and then send it to someone eles. all the items i recieved go in a speical tackle box and i then will use them during the year to see how i like them. and do they produce for me.
Old 12-05-12, 10:18 PM   #22
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
Ditto for me except I'm a plastics guy instead of a cranker, but I really do try to add a little something new to my arsenal each year. I will completely enjoy whatever I get. Heck, half of the fun for me is in the anticipation and wondering what is inside before I open it. I must admit I feel a little pressure when shopping for someone else because I feel quite a bit less knowledgable about most aspects of fishing than all the rest of you, but that hasn't stopped me from being in this every year!
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-12, 10:24 PM   #23
bcklash

Anything--everything-------just not a wave spin reel
Old 12-05-12, 11:03 PM   #24
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
Anything--everything-------just not a wave spin reel
HAHAHA that's a classic!!!
Old 12-06-12, 11:33 AM   #25
aikenyounggun

I don't mind whatever. New things, old things, common things, things I've never heard of. No baby brush hogs, big (HUGE) worms, or senkos... I went kind of crazy there for a while and feel like I should open a tackle shop, hahaha. Of course unless you have the super secret ones, send them my way.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.