Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 08-15-05, 06:47 AM   #1
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Lake Monticello BIG BASS LAKE

All I can say right now about Lake Monticello is that I have only yet just begun. This lake has had the florida strain of bass put in about 6 years ago and it is really beginning to shine. The bass come with the pads on and muscled up. Imagine catching a 2-3 lb bass and being disappointed when you lip him that he wasnt a 5lber. These fish are AWSOME fighters and hit like a freight train. The next Arkansas record I feel will come from this lake and I am gonna give those fish every chance to pick my bait as the one to get caught on.
1FASTLASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-05, 07:32 PM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

ya get the "new boat" ???
take it that you are not moving any time soon huh?

zooker
Old 08-16-05, 05:52 AM   #3
1FASTLASER

After some careful and I do mean careful examination of the boat and motor a I found a cracked skeg and to say that spooked me is a understatement. Ever seen what happens when you loose a skeg at high sppeds or sling a blade it aint pretty. Told the guy he would have to drop the price before I would buy he said he thought he was already low. So you know my answer" Good Luck buddy and also told him to make sure and let folks know about the skeg or he might have a problem. As far as the move still have some loose strings to tie up gonna be next year before I do it.
Old 10-07-05, 08:14 AM   #4
1FASTLASER

THE BITE IS ON. Cooler weather has the fish starting to move a little shallower and they are more than willing to hit. Caught 17 the other night and cant wait to get back there again. In fact I might do my honeydo list and hook up and go this afternoon. I still beleive that the next Arkansas record will come from this lake as in the last 2 weeks there have been more than a dozen 10lb+ reported with pictures. I plan on giving that record every chance possible to bite my lure.
Old 10-08-05, 12:03 AM   #5
Unregistered

i live in monticello, ar and every bass that comes out of there are 10lb the lake record is 17lbs
Old 10-08-05, 05:55 AM   #6
1FASTLASER

I beleive that someone has gotten the wrong information here. I have seen the picture that was published in the local newspaper of monticello and the lake record still is 14lbs and a few oz. Dont remember ezactly. There are numerous big bass in his lake due to the fact of the stocking of Florida bass and the water quality and the availability of food sources for these bass. I asume that since you live in Monticello that you are also aware of the other three lakes that are in the Big Bas program that Arkansas has adopted. They are White Oak, Columbia, and I dont remeber the last one.
Old 02-05-06, 11:48 PM   #7
ne0_shady
BassFishin.Com Member

when is the best time to fish monticello, when is the spawning season?
ne0_shady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-06, 08:03 AM   #8
1FASTLASER

With the winter being as mild as it has been looks like we gonna have a early spawn. Reports of eggs oozong outta some fish already and talked to a guy at work and he said he cleaned some fish and they had blooded up eggs. As far as the best time to fish that lake,pre,spamn,and post as well as fall are my favorite but I never pass up a chance to go there. Just gotta find them. That lake will give up more 6lb+ fish in one week than most lakes do in 1 year.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.