Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 11-05-05, 12:31 PM   #26
Fish2win
BassFishin.Com Active Member

The Little George is a great drop bait for Smallies and is also a good bait to jig like a spoon. It will call bass from distances when jigged. Tom Mann won a lot of money with this bait in the 1970.s, If you are on a deep highland lake with deep smallies try casting it out,let it drop to the bottom, then lift your rod to the 11:00 position and allow it to fall again. Repeat until it is under the boat. Then pick it up, give it a couple of lift drop movements and start over again.Fish it like a blade bait(Gay Blade or Silver Buddy) . Once back in the late 70's I wore the LM out at Toledo Bend jigging this bait like a spoon in the flooded trees. We caught fish every day for a week. Since I have used it on the East Tenneseee highland lakes to save a few days that otherwise would have went fishless. It can also be fished effectively year round . Fish2win
Old 11-05-05, 01:14 PM   #27
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i tend to use it more in the spring when bait are small..
jb i go with the black and white..

zooker
Old 11-05-05, 06:37 PM   #28
JB

Good idear thar zook,
I own the black and white and have caught a small fish on it, but would love to say I got into some schooling fall time bass and use lil george
I guess I had my chance two weeks ago under a causeway, I found some shad and schooling bass.......but of course I had to wear out a spinnerbait on them....
I guess in the back of my mind I know the lil george sinks and I have reserved it for deeper water, I need to just tie it on and use it for a month or to, its like anything else, eventually I'll get bite..
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-05, 10:58 PM   #29
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker
probly the lure i was the most disapointed with-but catch fish on- is the lucky craft 95sp live pointer-the segmented one- it moves nothing like you figure it would. but more of a jerk bait. at $21 i was more than a tad upset at the action.. other than that i found nothing wrong with the bait.-i only bought the one though-

zooker
Ditto.

I realize everyone has their favorites, and dislikes. I love the Jitterbug, but dislike the Hellicopter lures adamantly. I love Powerbait plastics, and do like Berkley products for the most part. But hands down the most disapointing purchase(s) have been infomercial baits. They are always cheaply made, and NEVER catch fish worth even mentioning.

JB, try to use a Jitterbug when you would use a spook. It has a kinda walk the dog action to it, so can elicit the same stikes a spook can at times. It's not a do everything bait but it does produce well for me, especially at night.

Lizards
Old 11-06-05, 05:03 PM   #30
JB

I guess that mere fact that it runs slow is why I power more towards the spook, but will try your recommendation lizards, thanks~
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-05, 07:44 PM   #31
zooker

jb a jitterbug is a no action just crankit in.

zooker
Old 11-07-05, 02:36 AM   #32
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O
We talk too much about what is the best, what is the favorite, what is "go to" lure.....

Lets talk about some regrets! I mean regret, not the worst! LURE please.

Thanks.
Snaggless Sally
Old 11-07-05, 09:11 PM   #33
KH.
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

never heard of it,doesnt sound like it is either, sure its snaglees, just doesnt catch fish
Old 11-08-05, 07:43 PM   #34
bass kicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

The worst lure i have ever baught is the wally minnow by cotton cordel i couldent even catch a pike on it

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.