Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-05, 01:03 AM   #51
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Fishin Dude, If you came from my area, you would know that you are born into a class from the start.Very few make it to fill their dreams of being something more than from which they started from.Most people are content with winding up having to work hard sometimes 2 jobs to make ends meet to provide for their family. No I don't have a decent boat to most people standards and no I don't have a truck, didn't want one or need one for that matter.Go tell the children in the low rent areas and in the projects that their future is bright They can be anything they want and it will come true.I bet no one said they wanted to be thieves and drug dealers, or spent a majority of their life in jail when they were young.P N J
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishin_dude
You think you could buy a decent bass boat, fishing gear, or a nice truck with a communist economy? That is the most beautiful thing about democracy, each person can choose what class he or she will be by decisions they make in life. I guarantee you lower class Americans eat better, and own more material positions than any commie ever did.
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-05, 01:12 AM   #52
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

They make their own decisions, where they live, who they associate with, how much they want in life and what they do about getting it. There are no excuses for a life wasted.
Old 12-04-05, 01:17 AM   #53
pig n jig

WTL, you certainly are a trip. tell that to the poor who have nothing, never will have much because they don't have the resources of a higher education or the influence to change their life from what they were born into. Whats your theory on big business taking control over the world without firing a single round ? Maybe one day Walmart will own the world. BTW I brought up social medicine.It is working in some countries.Don't you think there is a solution to our growing medical & health care problem ? P N J

Last edited by pig n jig; 12-04-05 at 01:23 AM.
Old 12-04-05, 01:24 AM   #54
fishin_dude
BassFishin.Com Active Member

PnJ, did you happen to notice where I'm from? I'm in no way calling you or anyone else out, I hate the everything else discussion boards, and try to stay out of them. I do believe that America is the land of opportunity, and if the opportunity is not where you are, you can buy a bus, or a plane ticket to where it is for 200 bucks. There is a such thing as student loans and scholarships for those who choose to do something with their lives.
Old 12-04-05, 01:28 AM   #55
WTL

Have you seen walmarts fishing section? You can't beat those prices. They make their money the same way as Mom and Pop, by offering a product at a competitive price. Bass Pro Shops is the same deal.

You seem to distrust corporations but have a healthy trust of government, why? Don't you realize that it is the government with the power of law that is the most dangerous, meanwhile corporations only have the power of offering superior value? The only time you need to fear about a corporation taking over the world is when the law gives its consent to the corporation to coerce the people. But in that case, your gripe should not be the corporation, but the government which gives it the legal sway.

Yes there is a solution to the health care problem. Eliminate medicare. Eliminate social security. Eliminate welfare. Eliminate minimum wage. Eliminate the income tax. Eliminate the subsidization of a bunch of dumb bastards who wont fend for themselves. Then watch, as they eliminate themselves. I have no sympathy for those who have no will to live.
Old 12-04-05, 01:37 AM   #56
pig n jig

I tried telling my parents to move to a rich section, buy me good clothes and put me in a good school so I could be something more than a blue collar worker.The problem is when your a new born child , you can't talk yet. It wasn't all bad excepting the fact that your never going to be associated with the upper class unless you are employed by them and its not really the same thing then.They still don't treat you the same.I do remember 1972, we got our first television.It was black & white,but I got to see the world series .Oakland A'S beat the Cincinati Reds.I stayed home to watch it, the world series were on during the daytime , there were no prime time back then.It was back before they started teaching the metric system schools in my area.Oh well, I shouuld have went to school instead of watching baseball.P N J
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL
They make their own decisions, where they live, who they associate with, how much they want in life and what they do about getting it. There are no excuses for a life wasted.
Old 12-04-05, 01:49 AM   #57
WTL

Several American presidents did not even have a lick of school. Many, many fabulously wealthy businessmen got to where they got by their natural wits. Moving to a rich section of town and wearing rich clothes means nothing. Understanding the rules of life, the basic type of understanding which even most animals have regarding their own survival is what you need to advance. And you can advance. Of course you may always be a part of the nouveu rich, but class distinction like that does not matter. Let those socialites talk, pretend that their blood is a color other than red, let them fall behind the same way your poor kid in the projects falls behind - because he isn't good enough, he lacks ability, ingenuity, work ethic and most importantly the understanding that there are no excuses for not trying.

America was great because people believed in the dream. That made it a reality. If you go ahead and decide the game is fixed, then it is - in your mind - and you will never win.
Old 12-04-05, 02:05 AM   #58
pig n jig

There is nothing I can say that would make you understand. There were no options.If you had $59.00 for a greyhound bus ticket( that was the price back when I was growing up) to move elsewhere, you still need a place to go ,a place ot stay, and food to eat sometime in the near future. You need all of that before even getting a chance to start over.Then you have got to find someone to hire you with no experience at doing whatever it is your going to do to better your self.It didn't happen back then. If I had $200.00 back then I was already at a good job or on my way to being a good thief. One of the reasons I went in the army was to get the G.I. bill so I could go to college.That is why I am in such a great position as I am in today. That and my wife & I both worked 2 jobs a peice for 6 years so we could get where we are today. I think we fall in the Middle class now. P N J
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishin_dude
PnJ, did you happen to notice where I'm from? I'm in no way calling you or anyone else out, I hate the everything else discussion boards, and try to stay out of them. I do believe that America is the land of opportunity, and if the opportunity is not where you are, you can buy a bus, or a plane ticket to where it is for 200 bucks. There is a such thing as student loans and scholarships for those who choose to do something with their lives.
Old 12-04-05, 02:19 AM   #59
WTL

Wait, you are in the middle class. I thought you just were telling me you guys were doomed to the lower class? Yes, apparently someone is missing something.

Stop making excuses for other people. McDonalds will hire anyone. Walk if you have to, but get out of the slums. How many people have there been in the history of the world who were born into political systems where it really was fixed? And we are complaining about walking?

Who ever said life was easy? Thats when you know your country has too much prosperity, people begin to complain that they don't want a little grit under their nails.

Maybe if we keep going, I'll get to 2000 posts tonight!
Old 12-04-05, 02:40 AM   #60
pig n jig

WTL, You were wrong in assuming that I trust or am in favor of our government also. I learned that the mineral iron is needed to sustain life, its also what makes blood red in color, that and hemoglobin of the blood cells give it a red color.Funny, I don't remember why a dead person looks blue. Our Walmart carries a better selection of bass gear than our bass pro shop does. The stupid blood red thing reminds of why the sky is blue., and why its sometimes appears red at sunset.Its a dirty world in which we live in.I am glad your familiar with the song imagine. It ranks as being one of the top 25 songs written on my list. P N J
Old 12-04-05, 02:45 AM   #61
WTL

It is a good song. I also like Working Class Hero, even though I can imagine myself having the same type argument with Lennon as I've had with you. I'm gonna get some sleep, I didn't get any last night but this conversation has been so riveting its kept me from going to bed til now....Goodnight all....
Old 12-04-05, 08:47 AM   #62
pig n jig

WTL,I am sure Lennon would have done a better job. He wouldn't have had to resort to saying Communism was good. I am sorry if I upset you,or Fishin Dude.I was just fishin is all. Its obvious that I am apolitically minded. I take the time to vote for whom I think is the best choice of the electorate panel.That hardly qualifies me to debate the issues here for any other purpose than entertainment value. P N J
Old 12-04-05, 08:47 AM   #63
zooker

pnj
wtl is political major incase you missed it pnj. he loves this debating this crap.

wtl
enough all ready!! we get your long winded, over political doctrine policy..
how in the hell did YOU ever stretch a thread about peta into a debate on lennon's doctrine ?? only YOU could have made this stretch.now put down the collage text book, you are running real close to plagiarism here dude. as i too have read that book. now shut up and GO FISHIN....

zooker
Old 12-04-05, 10:14 AM   #64
Unregistered

Thumbs down

10-4.....Shhhh, don't wake him.
Old 12-04-05, 10:38 AM   #65
pig n jig

Zooker, I do hold you responsible for starting such a subject known to irritate all living creatures on this Earth . P N J
Old 12-04-05, 11:23 AM   #66
WTL

Yea its zookers fault. He starts a peta thread on a fishing board and then complains about the direction it takes. Unbelievable.
Old 12-04-05, 12:15 PM   #67
WTL

I wasnt trying to make it about abortion though, abortion was merely something to compare the animal rights movement to. I then compared it to the soviet union. From that, PnJ took the subject of the USSR and ran with it. Who on here really thinks knowing me that I would let someone say "I thought the soviet union had some good points". I kinda thought he was fishing too but I'm not gonna let that statement go, lol.

I think everyone got what they wanted out of this thread, PNJ got to go fishing, Zook got to ***** about me, I got to jump on somebody for saying something stupid. Oh, and the people complaining about having to read it should keep it to themselves, cause they are the ones who decided to click on the post in the first place.
Old 12-04-05, 03:04 PM   #68
pig n jig

WTL, And I thought the callous on my fingers were from playing guitar, not typing posts. P N J

Last edited by pig n jig; 12-04-05 at 03:17 PM.
Old 12-04-05, 03:23 PM   #69
zooker

pnj
well they came from you doing sumthing....

wtl
next time i will rant in the message area ok fine dam you are and a$$ today..

zooker
Old 12-04-05, 03:34 PM   #70
WTL

What?

Old 12-04-05, 04:29 PM   #71
pig n jig

Zooker, I have been married for 14 years now.No, my callouses are on my fingertips from guitar strings not in the palm of my hand. WTL, I think he meant to say that he is grumpy today. Either that , or he is going to send us money. P N J
Old 12-04-05, 05:50 PM   #72
River stumps

. Oh, and the people complaining about having to read it should keep it to themselves, cause they are the ones who decided to click on the post in the first place. [/quote] Well said WTL. It wasn't worth my complaining and that's why I deleted my comment.
Old 12-04-05, 07:11 PM   #73
Christopherkeene9

River Stumps well said on the post with our God given right over animals and them being given to eat.

Chris
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-05, 08:40 PM   #74
Sluggo Man

Yes. There is a local "Christian" group around here that is becoming more and more popular that basically preaches "These animals are God's creations, so don't kill them!"

Of course, as already said, such an idea is found nowhere in the Bible. Instead, some animals are given us for meat, others for working, etc.

Now, I'm not promoting animal cruelty... I think torturing an animal is just sick. But a clean, quick kill is always good.
Sluggo Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-05, 07:08 PM   #75
Christopherkeene9

Sluggo that's not a Christian group that is a religion made by man. I have a relationship with God and that's all I need.

Chris
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.