Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 09-04-08, 05:09 PM   #1
Lilmoosecountry
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Take a look at this boat company.

For years with the big lund certain types of water on the river was just limits. Underwater sandbars, trees, Stumps & what not. I really like this boat company. What i really like is the single engine cebter console model the best. Check out some video. I really don't how much i would test a boat like this. But brute toughness would give me some security of where i want to fish. http://www.prodriveoutboards.com/motors.htm
Old 09-04-08, 05:18 PM   #2
Fishnngolfn

Can fish live in mud?
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-08, 06:06 PM   #3
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Not sure you live in an area where that would benifit you much, but I could go hog wild with a motor like that. No, fish generally wont often be in 6" of mud proper, but sometimes it takes trecking over 6" of mud to get to a spot that really has fish.

Imagine that sucker on a small flats boat.
Old 09-04-08, 08:38 PM   #4
rangerryan
BassFishin.Com Active Member

nice duck hunting boat.
rangerryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-08, 09:08 PM   #5
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

not so much where i'm at, we hunt flooded timber, but over around the world famous stuttgart, ar these types of rigs have been used for a while. the first ones i heard of are called Mud Buddy Motors. there are more out there and they do work well. you sacrifice some speed, but in a flooded field you don't need to go fast. just get to the blind.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-08, 10:09 AM   #6
Jackl

MOOSE,
Here at Great Bend we have Cheyenne Bottoms wildlife area which are 41,000 acres of flooded cattails full of ducks and geese. The hunters here use this type of motors to get around in the shallow waters and over the cattails. Another type of boat that you might consider is the airboat motor and prop that is installed on the back of jon boats to get around in shallow waters. About all you need for an air boat to operate is wet grass of 2 inches of sloppy mud. They used to use airboats in cheyenne bottoms a lot until the biologists decided that the noise weas disturbing the wildlife. Most guys used straight pipes on thier air boats with volkwagen, corvair, or aircraft engines. They were noisy!!! Instaid of the state requiring that the airboats be properly muffled, they outlawed the airboats completely. (Big brother at work again...educated idiots) I owned an airboat for a short time, but did not get a chance to use it. An avid hunter had too much money and no airboat, so we made a trade, his money for my airboat. I didn't enjoy getting up that damn early and putting out decoys and sitting in the cold damp boat with a wet dog shaking all over me. I decided bass fishing was more my type of thing, sitting in a cold wet boat with a fish shaking water alll over me!!!

JackL
Old 09-05-08, 05:28 PM   #7
Lilmoosecountry

Airboats are illegal on the missouri. We get what we call Flood holes along the river. The biggest problem is they can't be reached by a normal boat. There dam good & i have caught some my biggest bass in them. But it means parking my boat leave it in attended & walk over to the hole. Now with this boat i could just navigate the shallow sand bar to get to it.
Old 09-06-08, 12:05 PM   #8
zooker

in a nut shell with a teflon coated boat bottom and a pro drive. it don't really need to be wet to move the boat. these moters do very well with pods which are welded to the rear of the boats..

i have used both long tails and the pro drive type moters. like the prop drives better the long tail was a pain to use and slow as all get out...

zooker
Old 09-06-08, 05:33 PM   #9
WTL

As an aside, a fun project is to make a mud motor out of a weedeater. For some of those posters out there who only have the pond prowlers with trolling motors, they might look into that.
Old 09-08-08, 05:47 AM   #10
Lancer6
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnngolfn View Post
Can fish live in mud?
Why, yes, they can! (and dey kin be mighty tasty tew!)
http://www.riverfronttimes.com/2006-...kled-mud-fish/
Although there is very dry climate in Africa, the African Lungfish is able to survive drought by "hibernation". It digs itself into a mud hole and curls up in a chamber that is lined with mucus and breaths out of the mouth. During this time the mud hardens and the lungfish remains there until the next rainfall. However, sometimes this can be deadly for the lungfish, because it's urine can poison its body.
I'm gonna save lotsa money by hibernating all winter in a mucus-lined mudhole IF I can find a girl with a runny nose who also owns a backhoe.
About that urine-poisoning? Well, that's what catheters are for.

Lunger6
Lancer6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.