Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-08, 08:07 AM   #1
bfd300
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default suzuki dt150 problem

hey guys i am having a cooling issue w/ my O/B....the water flow sensors wont shut off....engine stays in rev limiter.........i have water flow...t-stats open fine....pisser is good......perhaps the heads are a bit clogged up?.............i changed the water pump to....i dont want to dissconnect the sensors and take a chance......also..........the engine temp was 150 is that to hot?......the pisser steams to.

any help appreciated
thanks

otto
bfd300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-08, 10:03 AM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

otto
the #1 thing i will tell you is suzuki customer service REEKS!!!

i do know that suzuki moters are touchy as hell about the water system...you may want to flush the moter first...

zooker
Old 08-10-08, 02:06 PM   #3
bfd300

thanks zooker........what should i flush it with?
i was going to try running it on the muffs w/out t-stats

otto
Old 08-11-08, 06:07 AM   #4
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

WOAH FOLKS!!!!! He definately has a problem if the pisser is emitting steam. What this indicates is a very hot spot somewhere in the cooling system. In the past I have found that somewhere one of the water deflectors has deterorated to the point that the water is not flowing in the correct direction. ANY time you have steam coming out the pisser you have a very hot spot somewhere no matter what brand motor you have and steam aint good on any brand. My suggestion is find a dealer that actually has a digital infrared temp unit and have them locate the hotspot so that you can go to "THAT SPOT' and not start to replace parts blindly. They can hook up the muffs and crank the engine and let it reach operating temps and then just point the temp unit at the motor and you will find your hot spot. Then you can figure out if its a gasket,deflector, or possibly and hopefully just a restriction that can be removed.
Old 08-11-08, 07:29 AM   #5
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

Hey,I din't know you were bfd on here.Guys,this is my old Gambler he has,and I have his old Tracker.Seems we're both having problems.I wish I could help you Otto but the motor never did that when I had it or I would have fixed it.See my post on 9.9 ignition problem.
Hope you get the problem fixed fast and cheap.
Old 08-11-08, 08:52 AM   #6
bfd300

tom,
does it crank over?
Old 08-11-08, 11:40 AM   #7
bfd300

ok i flushed the engine w/ a 110v water pump i had to the 4 water ports on the heads flushed n flushed.i went and got a infra-red temp guage..........took t-stats out...ran the engine.pisser was good and temp never got about 100 at the warmest part of the power head.
so it got me thinging there was a blockage somewhere.....so i then took the t-stat to the kitchen puttem in a pot and fired up the stove w/ a thermometer in it( i also marked left and right).......at 110 or 42 the left opened and at 140 the right started to open........there was my problem....i need t-stats. also runnign w/out stats the water flow sensor shut off like it is supposed to do.

thanks for all your help guys i really appreciate it

otto
Old 08-11-08, 11:47 AM   #8
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

Glad you got it sorted out.I hope my problem is as easy.Yes,it turns over fine.I just have no spark to the plugs.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.