Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 08-22-08, 10:35 AM   #1
RangerDanger
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Ranger 350v

Hey guys, first post, so I thought I'd share my baby. I'm just starting the process of doing an overhaul on her so here's some before pics

RangerDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-08, 10:01 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

welcome to da house o nuts and bait monkey fodder man. nice rig there too. love the rangers. keep up the pics as you go and ifn you have ANY questions, 1fastlaser, zooker, among a lot of others here will help ya out. you ain't got too much work to do in my opion. it really looks good to me.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-08, 05:41 AM   #3
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Firsy off ditto what bama said. We have all kinds and shapes in here. Second love seeing the 350 and 351 series Rangers gettin the face lifts. Fast for Rangers and loved fishin outta dem. So on the rebuild does that include the ole white motor to??? Are ya gonna go back stock wit dat mota or do ole boudrow needs to shinez a lil lite on da subject and gib out sum uh his secrets for wakenin up dem der mota's. I haz been known to makes dem ole rudes and johnny's run real well and you can still do downs to Maybelines and get a 6 pack of grape nehi and buy yo gas der too.
Old 08-24-08, 07:04 AM   #4
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FASTLASER View Post
Are ya gonna go back stock wit dat mota or do ole boudrow needs to shinez a lil lite on da subject and gib out sum uh his secrets for wakenin up dem der mota's. I haz been known to makes dem ole rudes and johnny's run real well and you can still do downs to Maybelines and get a 6 pack of grape nehi and buy yo gas der too.
umm laser means he knows how to make your boat go faster with that moter..
dat boy done ben down in de bay-u too dam much.-it's the swamp gas i take n tell ya-

zooker
Old 08-24-08, 10:29 AM   #5
bamabassman

hahahaha yous rit as rain der zooker.
Old 08-27-08, 09:18 AM   #6
Basscrazie
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I just bought a 362v and love it.I can't believe the ride from an 18 footer..You got a nice boat and will be waiting on your process.Maybe i can pick up some pointers..
Basscrazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-08, 05:54 PM   #7
bamabassman

waiting.....................................
Old 08-27-08, 08:18 PM   #8
RangerDanger
BassFishin.Com Member

Ok here they are (sorry, just got inside from working on her)

Friday's agenda - building the new extended deck

Old 08-27-08, 08:33 PM   #9
bamabassman

cleaned up real nice there. are ya gonna repaint it? or just buff it? doing a great job there pal. better finish da beer next time too, lmao. it is looking lonely.
Old 08-27-08, 09:18 PM   #10
RangerDanger
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
cleaned up real nice there. are ya gonna repaint it? or just buff it? doing a great job there pal. better finish da beer next time too, lmao. it is looking lonely.
I'm going to buff it all out at the end ... bring those classic sparkles right out

... oh, don't worry about the beer. It didn't last long
Old 08-27-08, 09:46 PM   #11
Basscrazie
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Looking good,is that storage or icechest under the front seats?My dual console has the tanks under the seat..I would really like the extra storage..Keep up the nice work and looking forward to the next set of pics.
Basscrazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-08, 05:04 AM   #12
1FASTLASER

What material are you gonna use to frame the deck out with?? Remeber if you use wood your gonna add weight which is gonna alter the way the boat rides and runs.
Old 08-28-08, 06:41 AM   #13
RangerDanger
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basscrazie View Post
Looking good,is that storage or icechest under the front seats?My dual console has the tanks under the seat..I would really like the extra storage..Keep up the nice work and looking forward to the next set of pics.
Under the driver and passenger seats are just storage. We use them to put the flares, paper work, fire extinguisher, ect, ect

Quote:
What material are you gonna use to frame the deck out with?? Remeber if you use wood your gonna add weight which is gonna alter the way the boat rides and runs.
my brother is building the frame out of wood. we're going to build a center storage locker and a side storage compartment in front of the steering console. that was my concern as well because I told him I didn't want to sacrifice the performance of the boat just to have extra storage. He agreed but also said that the way he was doing it wouldn't affect it in any way.
Old 08-29-08, 05:57 AM   #14
1FASTLASER

First off I am not saying your brother is not capable of doing this and he knows what he is doing but I have done many many boats like you have or am getting ready to do and trust me aluminum although a little expensive is the way to go. All you need is a little bit of 1" aluminum angle and some 1/8" plate. Whole thing wont weigh a couple of pounds. You see not only do you have to worry about the weight of the wood but you have the weight of what you will be soring under there and also the worry of wood will rot...........I dont care what you do. With the aluminum it is 3 times stronger,much lighter and will not rot. I just hate to see someone make themselves a headache. I have been doing boats ALONG time and the added weight of the wood is gonna keep the bow down. Beleive it or not .......your only looking at about 15lbs of weight with the wood but trust me that 15lbs is gonna alter the way your boat gets on plane and rruns at topend. I have done way to many of these, in fact I just got through extending the deck in my boat.
Old 08-29-08, 10:19 AM   #15
RangerDanger
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
First off I am not saying your brother is not capable of doing this and he knows what he is doing but I have done many many boats like you have or am getting ready to do and trust me aluminum although a little expensive is the way to go. All you need is a little bit of 1" aluminum angle and some 1/8" plate. Whole thing wont weigh a couple of pounds. You see not only do you have to worry about the weight of the wood but you have the weight of what you will be soring under there and also the worry of wood will rot...........I dont care what you do. With the aluminum it is 3 times stronger,much lighter and will not rot. I just hate to see someone make themselves a headache. I have been doing boats ALONG time and the added weight of the wood is gonna keep the bow down. Beleive it or not .......your only looking at about 15lbs of weight with the wood but trust me that 15lbs is gonna alter the way your boat gets on plane and rruns at topend. I have done way to many of these, in fact I just got through extending the deck in my boat.
I agree 100% with you. I will run this by my brother and see if we can change it over to aluminum
Old 08-29-08, 10:36 PM   #16
zooker

go tin all the way. i work in the lumber industry as do laser and lowrider we all see the way water and time effect wood everyday. if you built it like you said i'd put money on you not being able to open the storage hatch after 9 months of use..

zooker

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.