Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-10-11, 10:43 AM   #1
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Kvd's boat-interesting video

KVD under the lid. KVD goes completely through his boat. I found this interesting.

http://www.advancedangler.com/...20Lid
Old 10-10-11, 11:22 AM   #2
bassboogieman

I found it impossible to watch - 5 seconds, pause and load another 5 seconds. I hate vids that do that.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-11, 11:35 AM   #3
Handlebars
BassFishin.Com Member

Yea video buffering is annoying to say the least. I did watch and it was interesting. That nitro has alot of gadgets for sure and wouldn't we all like to have a spare Humminbird 1198c si sitting around. LoL. Good vid.
Old 10-10-11, 12:14 PM   #4
CamG
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Cool video! I didn't have any of the buffering issues.
CamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-11, 01:01 PM   #5
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamG View Post
Cool video! I didn't have any of the buffering issues.
Same here. I seen it on another site where they talked about how KVD is all about BPS line but pulled a spool of Seaguar Tatsu out of that compartment and quickly turned the label away from the camera and tossed it out of view.
Old 10-10-11, 01:13 PM   #6
Bender

Cool video, I had a buffering problem but hit pause then came back later to watch it. Maybe I missed it, but he didn't open the front center compartment did he?

Seeing that makes me realize that I carry too many soft plastics in my boat. And I need to trim down on my hard baits and too.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-11, 04:52 PM   #7
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Seeing that makes me realize that I carry too many soft plastics in my boat. And I need to trim down on my hard baits and too.
Me too!

Especially when it seems like I only do well with about 5-6 different lures.
Old 10-10-11, 05:25 PM   #8
Dogmatic

Great vid. Hmmmm, anyone use a hydro-wave?
Dogmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-11, 10:15 AM   #9
gonefishin3
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Remote locking for his compartments and alarm system? can someone give me more information on this ?!?!?!?!?!?
gonefishin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-11, 06:56 PM   #10
Dogmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin3 View Post
Remote locking for his compartments and alarm system? can someone give me more information on this ?!?!?!?!?!?
When you have a boat, and equipment on it equal to the value of the boat itself that cost as much as some people's house, I'm surprised it doesn't come with armed security guard and junkyard dog.
Old 10-11-11, 07:55 PM   #11
nofearengineer

You know, on the way home from work tonight, I pulled past a Toyota Tundra and Nitro Z-9 with all of the Team Nitro stickers, sponsor logos, and other regalia. It was definitely a pro. I wonder if it was KVD's rig, someone else driving it around, or just a look-alike?

WTH would he be doing in a parking lot in Evansville, IN?
Old 10-11-11, 08:11 PM   #12
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
You know, on the way home from work tonight, I pulled past a Toyota Tundra and Nitro Z-9 with all of the Team Nitro stickers, sponsor logos, and other regalia. It was definitely a pro. I wonder if it was KVD's rig, someone else driving it around, or just a look-alike?

Read it on another site that he's on the road doing right now doing work for his sponsers.
Old 10-11-11, 08:34 PM   #13
gonefishin3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmatic View Post
When you have a boat, and equipment on it equal to the value of the boat itself that cost as much as some people's house, I'm surprised it doesn't come with armed security guard and junkyard dog.

it sounded like he added that.... i cant find anything on nitros site... i would love to put this on my boat >.<

found one type of system

http://www.basspro.com/Sarasota-Qual...28241/-1823859

will it work on a 2001 ranger? i dunno it says any boat with locking compartments

and boat alarm...

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Two_W...-TWWYBTAL.html

pretty cool stuff... did you guys watch the skeet reese video??? you think it would be easy enough to build those compartments on his trailer? mabe not to the extent he has it but like mabe a small box for flat tire stuff and oil ect?

Last edited by gonefishin3; 10-11-11 at 08:48 PM.
Old 10-11-11, 08:57 PM   #14
Dogmatic

I'm sure "he" added the alarm system(just like "he" added the ethernet sytem linking his electronics). I saw some pro, wish I could remember which one, but he doesn't even use a standard trailer, but uses an enclosed trailer, and the kicker is...he keeps two boats in it! There is a built in lift that raises the boats and lowers them into the water.
Old 10-11-11, 09:06 PM   #15
nofearengineer

Quote:
I'm sure "he" added the alarm system(just like "he" added the ethernet sytem linking his electronics). I saw some pro, wish I could remember which one, but he doesn't even use a standard trailer, but uses an enclosed trailer, and the kicker is...he keeps two boats in it! There is a built in lift that raises the boats and lowers them into the water.
What's he do? Stack them?
Old 10-11-11, 09:16 PM   #16
gonefishin3

Well he had bps add it haha thats cool... why would you want two boats?
Old 10-11-11, 09:28 PM   #17
Dogmatic

Stacks them like a car trailer, and although the boats looked exactly the same to me, I imagine there was something different, size maybe(?). You know, one thing I find strange about KVD's set-up is that he doesn't have any solar charger, so that he can constantly be charging those oh so important trolling motor batteries???
Old 10-11-11, 09:58 PM   #18
Bender

I have looked into adding an alarm on my boat, with an extra channel that fires a relay to activate bolt type latches on the compartments. That looks like what was on KVD's boat instead of the kit from BPS. That kit is really neat, but expensive. You can buy door lock actuators for $5. Mounting them is the only tricky part. I think most of the two way car alarms offer an extra channel for things like that.

I did have a cheaper alarm, but it died after a good beating out on the lake. I'm really torn between one that requires contact like on KVD's boat, or one similar to Bass Boat Alarm or the automotive Viper alarms. Currently I am using a two way baby monitor plus an infrared motion detector alarm inside the boat.

I didn't have the monitor at the time some jackass stole my transom saver. I recently read that somewhere in KY a bunch of boats were broken into outside of a hotel. I guess the parking was not too close, but I'm surprised nobody had an alarm or monitor. I'd sure like to see those kind of thieves caught in the act and dealt with appropriately; before calling the cops of course. I can't imagine coming out of a hotel in the morning to find my compartments all broken open with a pry bar and everything gone.
Old 10-11-11, 10:05 PM   #19
nofearengineer

I have a 2-way alarm for my boat. It will reach 1000 meters to my remote. Since I will never be parking my boat more than 100 meters from where I park my noggin for the night, breaking into my boat will be a poor vocational choice. I park my firearm 1 meter from my noggin.

The latch actuators seem like a good idea, but only if you have a way of verifying they all actually latched. I would never get to sleep without personally checking them all...useless to me. I will stay with keyed locks.
Old 10-12-11, 12:13 AM   #20
gonefishin3

i really like the idea of remote latching and alarming... yea id prolly check them all too but its just another nice thing to have heres 2012 monkey list

minn kota terrova
HDS
Boat alarm and lock
small steel box thats welded to trailer to hold boat stuff and tire changeing accesories.
Old 10-12-11, 12:39 AM   #21
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin3 View Post

minn kota terrova
HDS
Boat alarm and lock
small steel box thats welded to trailer to hold boat stuff and tire changeing accesories.
Your monkey is going to need a big wallet.
Old 10-12-11, 12:52 AM   #22
gonefishin3

This list has been a list for one or two years my monkeys gonna have tto give up girlfriends for awhile
Old 10-12-11, 01:20 AM   #23
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

I tried to watch it. It was like a rendition of the matrix KVD style. I got the sound, but the vid was glitchy, even after pausing for 2 hours while it DL'd. Oh, and here is a spare 1198...Sweet! I will check it out on my computer when I get home though.
Old 10-12-11, 02:01 AM   #24
carolina-rig-01

Quote:

I read on facebook yesterday that he was fishing on Kentucky Lake.

Quote:
The Hibdons used to roll with a set up like this. Of course since they both fished the same trail it probably made sense money wise to travel together and split the cost.
Old 10-12-11, 09:59 AM   #25
Bender

Quote:
The latch actuators seem like a good idea, but only if you have a way of verifying they all actually latched. I would never get to sleep without personally checking them all...useless to me. I will stay with keyed locks.
My boat just has the standard Perko latches that have a plastic body so I think that they could be broken fairly easily. I'm thinking of making some type of a deadbolt type system. Loc-R-Bars look good and are a visible deterrent, but you have to carry them around and I don't think my gunnels are tall enough for one. If I can find some space to store the boat in a friend's shop this winter I'll work on this project. It's too nice outside now not to be fishing every day.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.