Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 05-02-12, 07:48 AM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Digital water thermometers

Has anyone seen a digital water thermometer for taking instant water temps. I'm wanting to get one with a temp sensing probe that can be lowered into the water to get water temp readings from various depths. I can't find one in either my BPS or Cabelas catalogs.
Old 05-02-12, 09:02 AM   #2
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Kinda like the color combo selector a product of yester year.Might want to check out the underwater tv viewing jobs and see if its an accessory available.
More in the scientific line now days,Murry state university at the hancock water station takes readings of ky and barkley lake at about 3m,but a fixed location,also a lot of other stats.
http://www.murraystate.edu/qacd/cos/hbs/WQ.cfm

Last edited by lilmule; 05-02-12 at 09:07 AM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-12, 12:32 PM   #3
Mr.Bassmaster29
BassFishin.Com Member

I recently bought a Minn Kota water thermometer on eBay for $15 and I like it quite a bit. It has about an 8 ft cord with the probe on the end of it. You can't use it to check the different depths like you were talking about just because the cord ain't long enough, but it works well for checking the surface temp.
Mr.Bassmaster29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-12, 09:36 PM   #4
Crankbait
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Kdog yes I bought one from Dicks for the same reason. I wanted to see how much the actual temp changed at depths below where my trolling motor was taking a reading from. The one I got had a 10ft prob so I could take readings from 10ft. I’ll try and find it to get the name and model….it was cheap also you can get digital thermometers from off the web at many fish stores or look in PetSmart or Pet Co in the fish/aquarium department. The only disadvantage is the prob is only about 4 ft.
Crankbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-12, 11:29 PM   #5
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankbait View Post
Kdog yes I bought one from Dicks for the same reason. I wanted to see how much the actual temp changed at depths below where my trolling motor was taking a reading from. The one I got had a 10ft prob so I could take readings from 10ft. I’ll try and find it to get the name and model….it was cheap also you can get digital thermometers from off the web at many fish stores or look in PetSmart or Pet Co in the fish/aquarium department. The only disadvantage is the prob is only about 4 ft.
Thanks Crankbait. I have a Dicks nearby, I'll stop in and take a look.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.