Recent content by zooker

1. Z

playin in the pads..

this morning..now bassinNC can tell ya this is a slue off the main feeder creek.. the same place i fish with my bass boat..i needed the work out so i took the yak..:D paddlin thru these lillys is a CHORE.. you don't stroke and glide. you stroke and stop.. i was working the edge of the...
  2. Z

mmmm tasty

ran across the old whitney project this morning thru swarm after swarm of the jumbo southern caddis flys most were in the 2-3 inch size and well -juicy-you know its bad when ya dig out the shades at 4 am to keep the drizzle trail from getting in your eyes,that crap burns man...my windsheild...
  3. Z

goal achieved

i bought the yak last winter. my main goal for this year was to catch a decent bass from my yak.. i went out in the pre dawn hours this morning with da yak. i put in at the upper bridge of newsome creek,on tuckertown lake..i only took the frog stick and the spinnerbait rod... after paddlin a...
  4. Z

what? who? dam it's early..

got the boat wet at 4 am. hit the grass line by 4:15.using just a buzzer and a frog, but man was the bite ever on.. around 6 am the temp dropped 20 degress..holy hell huh? 2 sweat shirts and a jacket later. water temp was 68. once the sun got up and hit the water bite died like ya flipped a...
  5. Z

a swim bait fish

i have used small swimbaits before. but never an 8" bbz1 slow sinker.. man that is a big hunkin bait, i am chunking it on a 7'6'' xheavy jig rod.:rolleyes: just playing around with it..the lake i was fishing has several large culverts. with flow coming into the lake. yep i know this lake has...
  6. Z

Revo question

yeah i know a reel question from me.:rolleyes: i have a couple revo's. but i recently got a stx for flippin and pitching..maybe its new and not broke in yet but here is the problem. if i set the reel up for pitching, i get a big backlash if i try roll casting it. if i set the reel up to cast i...
  7. Z

boat color opinions

been playing on the phoenix site.. i figure that if i am planning on droping $34k on a new boat might just as well get the "perfect" color that suits my personal taste. just because i'm a tad flamboyant:rolleyes: and LOATH a red boat.i choose these colors.the bottom of the hull WILL be yellow...
  8. Z

I hate to rub it in but..

while most of ya were hard at work.i took the stroker out fer a ride..the wind was a bit of a factor. however i was getting a good control drift over an excellant hydrilla weed line.. catching 2 small bass and 2 decent crappie. i was using a spinnerbait and trolling a bandit 100.. i did...
  9. Z

attention you all..

as this is being posted our GOOD friend bamabassman is sitting in an er room waiting to have a treble hook yanked from HIS hand... of course he claims the lil fishie put it there:rolleyes::rolleyes:.... i don't know about you all but i'm a tad skeptical about fishing in dat cajun wid him...
  10. Z

man dat monkey...

he sure knows how to spend my money.. zooker
  11. Z

Strike king sexy swimmer?

has any one used one of these?? what are your thoughts? good or bad?? i want to hear it zooker
  12. Z

SWEET a duckett rod

after boyd duckett left e21/ carrot stick rods..he went on to build his own rods. i got to fondle one today.:D they are a very WHITE rod blank. with eyes so tiny that in my opinion you'll be hard pressed to put any braid over 80 pound test or any fat dia.mono over 15 pound test thru them??.. i...
  13. Z

another day on the lake..

i caught quite a few bass 2 of which were over 5 pounds..water temp in the 70's.. i can't WAIT for this cold front to bring rain the frikkin pollen is driving me nuts.. of course i caught a couple runts.. one of which is perfect for the following: zooker doing his best bamabassman...
  14. Z

check your troller

with the spawn coming on and every one focusing on shallow water. be sure to check your troller for line.. nothing kills a troller faster then some line wrapped round the prop shaft. yeah i got in to some today... zooker
  15. Z

don't ya..

just love spring tree pollen on a fresh wax job... it was a touch thick at the launch..one should note my trailer is kept as spotless as the boat.. zooker