Search results

1. B

How to Properly Adjust a Baitcasting Reel

Every year, on fishing forums all around the internet, newbies who have just bought their first baitcasting reel, or baitcaster, are now wondering how to adjust it. Well don't worry, I'm here to help. Unfortunately, I learned from some guy at the reel counter of a big box fishing store...
  2. B

First Trip Of The Year

Hey guys. I'm still around, but really busy. So after working to get out tractor up and running all Saturday, my dad and I were ready for a break. We headed out to the local reservoir for a couple hours despite it being a fairly windy day. The game plan was to hopefully get some fish to hit...
  3. B

Sunday Report

Hey guys, it's been a really busy summer for me. I haven't even had time to post. Between working and now I'm back in school and working. We haven't had much time to get out fishing, and by that I mean no time at all... :( So my dad and I decided to take last Sunday off and head up to the...
  4. B

New PB and a Great Day

My dad and I hit the lake yesterday, after my buddy Mitch and I had an ok day back on Thursday. I started off with a swimjig, what we caught all our fish on Thursday. My dad started with a spinnerbait. I had barely put down the trolling motor and started down the shore when he got a hit, but...
  5. B

Interesting Day on the Lake

So my friend that I'm teaching to fish, Mitch, calls me up Tuesday to ask when we're going again. We agreed on Thursday and I spent yesterday throwing together some swim jigs and some others for the trip. It was nice to finally get a bit of time to make some more jigs. We get on the water...
  6. B

First Day on the Lake

Some of you know I'm teaching a friend of mine how to fish this year. I figured we need something to do besides study, lol. Well we finished up finals on Thursday, got some gear and the boat together that night. We left my house at 7am with the boat in tow. Wanted to get there by 8 when the...
  7. B

River Walleye

The walleye run is on here in Toledo in the mighty muddy Maumee river. I usually don't go cause it gets to be a mad house down there. But my friend and his roommates were planning on fishing this year so I picked up some walleye stuff and broke out my waders. The first day I went was Good...
  8. B

Freakin' Fun Frog Fishin!

My dad and I got out for half a day on Sunday to a nice little mudhole of a lake (about 14-16" vis and the clearest I've EVER seen it). The hot summer has really helped the pads although they don't really need much help on this lake. We got there around 7:30 (my alarm didn't go off, I wanted...
  9. B

Fish (and Food) from Traverse City, MI

We were up in Northern Michigan during the last week in June. Well, my sister and I were there all week and my parents came up Wednesday night. Anyways, I got to enjoy two of my favorite things: Fish and Food! I'll start with the fishing, as this is the braggin' board. We went out with a...
  10. B

Monkey Came Out of Nowhere!

So I was at Cabela's yesterday evening and had a minute to kill so I headed over to the bargain cave (where I've personally never had any success in finding a good deal). Right off the bat, I saw three Steez rods on the rack. Brand new, they're just not carrying that model anymore. I new right...
  11. B

First Fish of the Year!

My dad and I decided to hit the local reservoir for an hour or so after dinner tonight. Packed up a couple rods each and the spring staples and headed off. My dad started with a jerkbait, while I started with the XCalibur Xr50 in Pearl Melon that I did pretty good on last spring. Not long...
  12. B

It's been a while...

Since the monkey got me good. I was able to resist on my recent trip to Cabela's and came out of the store with only a couple packs of hooks. Then those Fuego spinning reels went on sale on TW and I just couldn't resist anymore. Now he wants a new dropshot rod. Dobyns DX702SF here I...
  13. B

Another Friday Afternoon at the Reservoir

After an 8 AM chemistry lecture followed by a four hour chemistry lab, going fishing has been the best part of my past few Fridays. So I hit up the local reservoir again today. Today, the weather was gorgeous, overcast and not quite 60*. With the light wind, it was perfect spinnerbait weather...
  14. B

Friday Fishing

Got out of my Organic Chemistry Lab early (first one, just an intro) so I went home, loaded a couple rods in the truck and hit the local reservoir. Noticed they had killed the weeds, and over the past few years, the fishing always sucks after they do. Started with one of my 3/8oz jigs and in...
  15. B

Tackle Experts 20% off EVERYTHING!

http://tackleexperts.com/ Lots of stuff on sale already plus 20% off everything in stock. From what I've heard, they're closing their physical store and moving their website. I've never ordered from them, so I can't say anything about their customer service, but that's a good deal. BB
  16. B

A Little Saturday Fishin'

My dad and I got the chance to shore fish a very small private lake for a couple hours saturday. This lake is almost 40 years old and strictly C&R only. It has a sandy bottom and was quite weedy in the shallow areas. We fished some, my dad with a t-rigged 7" Powerworm and be switching back...
  17. B

Sick Jigs!

I'm doing a batch of very customized jigs for a buddy of mine and thought you guys would like to check them out. Half the jigs are poured on Owner Cutting Point hooks, the other half on heavy wire Mustad UltraPoints. Most of the heads are a two tone GP and Black with the skirts in a pretty...
  18. B

Your Favorite Hook Brand?

What is your favorite hook brand and why? I know many people use different trebles than worm hooks, but pick your general favorite.
  19. B

Gander Mtn. Reel Sale + Coupon!

Most reels are on sale on the Gander Mtn. website. You must add them to your cart to see the sale price. Coupon code "gmg20" gets you an additional $20 off. Your welcome! :D
  20. B

The Monkey Got Me

The monkey has been quiet for a while, but with the AL trip coming up soon, I was surprised to find him when I went online to order 1 spool of line. So I ended up with the following: 10lb Sufix 832 in Neon Lime 15lb P-line CXX (for my swimbait rod) Daiichi-Seiko Finger Saver Spro BBZ-1 4" Shad...