Search results

1. N

20147 Zookerfest Photos!

Please post your pics here. As much as it hurts, I want to see them!! ;)
  2. N

Don't Laugh

Anyone know of a higher-end spincasting reel? Carla loves fishing, like all-day fishing...but she hasn't ever used nice tackle before. She saw my arsenal and just laughed. I think I can get her using one of my spinning combos, but for now a decent spincast outfit is called for. Either that...
  3. N

2014 Member Event?

Anyone have any preference for next year's get-together? I have a good feeling about this one, with high hopes for all involved to have good luck in their family lives and be able to come. :)
  4. N

Major League Fishing...Explain something to me...

What is the reason for the 2-minute penalty for the fish touching the carpet?!?
  5. N

Huge Dale Hollow Catch!

Dave Clark has done it again, with a fish of a lifetime. God, I really need to move closer to Nashville.
  6. N

Dale Hollow Float and Fly

Mark and I didn't catch a lot, froze our butts off, and got far less sleep than we should have. And still had fun. :D I'll definitely be going back...maybe in late February.
  7. N

Danger anthony robinson!!! Danger!!!

Dobyn's Upgrade Event http://www.thehookuptackle.com/dobyns.php
  8. N

More sadness...

I am working on a project for Murray State University and I have to drive across Kentucky Lake tomorrow. Seeing that target-rich environment and not being able to do anything about it is just wrong. :D
  9. N

Sadness is...

tracking your new Nelson rod and finding out it won't be delivered until Monday. :(
  10. N

I'm going to lose my mind...

if I don't go fishing soon. Hopefully, my Nelson rod will get here this week and I can give it a christening in the local pit.
  11. N

Humminbird Announcement Today at Classic

I got an email from Humminbird that they are holding a press conference today at 2PM at the Classic to announce a "revolutionary" product. :eek: Of course, they give no hint of what it might be. :rolleyes: At this point, I am glad I haven't bought another big fishfinder yet. I can't wait to...
  12. N

Dale Hollow - New Year's Eve 2011

I will of course add some pics tomorrow when I'm not so whooped. It was really slow, but I did manage to catch a 4 lb Rainbow Trout and a 5-6 lb Walleye. I shall be dining in style tomorrow night. :D
  13. N

Iaconelli Continues to be a Tool...

Did you see his little rod-breaking hissy fit when he lost at Conroe? Any rumors that he has matured are sadly mistaken. Breaking your rod on the side of the boat and throwing the bottom half of the rod, with reel, into the lake show what a stupid crybaby he is.
  14. N

They're at it again....

These idiots really need to stop. If they get their ultimate wish, and deprive me of my retirement pastime of fishing, I will have nothing to do but ....well, here I start heading into legal issues...
  15. N

@#$^@#$^@$

Holy.... I sent my new legend spinning rod back to the factory because the guides weren't aligned correctly. They were nice about it, and sent me a new one, no charge. Sitting on the couch, I just rigged it up for drop shot, tightened up the slack to put it away, and the tip snapped below the...
  16. N

I had to tide myself over...

Waiting for an authentic Nelson masterpiece is so frustrating. So I had to do something to take the edge off...get rid of the DT's, so to speak. Naturally, having just put the deposit down on the Nelson, a great deal on a Legend Xtreme XS70MLF popped up (after almost 2 years of looking for one...
  17. N

Lefty Patriarch is $130 at TW

The photo shows a RH older version. I know the reel is the new version, because they didn't make it before 2011. I compared the model number against the one I own...the same. http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Pflueger_Patriarch_Casting_Reels/descpage-PPTCR.html
  18. N

2012 Member Event - Dale Hollow - May 10-13

Okay, since I can no longer edit the attendee list in the other thread, I thought I'd create a new thread, just for the list. Please don't post comments in this thread...post them in the other thread, so we can keep this one short and easier to get to the pertinent information. Likely/possible...
  19. N

Anticipation of the Worst Kind

Gawd...Waffle is building me a custom drop shot rod and waiting for it is killing me! It's going to be 7'6", built on a M-XF Phenix UMBX blank, with a split grip, Aero Comfort spinning seat, EVA grips, and Recoil guides. My Pflueger Patriarch 9530 will finally have a suitable home. I just...
  20. N

Rend Lake

A buddy of mine wants to go fish Rend Lake in Illinois this weekend. He's not a big fisherman, and I've never been there. So I'm hoping for some advice. I hear the lake is shallow, and that I should ignore the rocks and look for grass. Spinnerbaits, chatterbaits, and lipless? (I know John...