Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-06, 12:00 PM   #1
Deacon
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Where O Where have I been.....

Where O Where indeed....I have been away fromposting here or for anywere for that matter for a few reasons....

Many of you have noticed that the intelligence level of some of the ppl here have made me want to shy away from posting. Its the same old questions being asked just in different ways. I got very tired of hoping to see new fresh question and ideas but alas nothing. I have been "watching" for a couple of months and not really replying to anyone or any subject. However I did miss my friends on here....Zook Bassguy2004 and a few other good guys on here(JB, Lizards and Reb) I look forward to when you guys post because you all have something interesting/fun to say. Well maybe not Zook(kiddin bro)! Anyways Im back for a while to help out where/when I can.

Also I have dscovered another hobby regarding fish.... I have become tropical fish collector and breeder(NO JOKES GUYS. I hear them in your heads!!!) I got into this hobby about 6 months ago and it has turned me into a full on fishhead. I raise African Cichlids. I guess you could consider them a distant cousin to a LMB. I originally got them to study how fish relate in marine setting...Movement, feeding patterns, territory, aggression and schooling(not the education kind of schooling) Anyways since the time I started collecting I have tured all my "free" time into this awesome hobby. I have turned off cable television, taken my TV outa of my home and took full advantage of just how relaxing watching fish could be. I have a better understanding of what fish go through on a daily basis. Its really a awesome thing. Yeah I guess I have gone over the "deep" end and have become a full fledged fish head....

I wanted to show you my new obsession......

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...07/Tank2-1.jpg
This is a 80 gallon freshwater tank that i recently completed. I have 9 fish in there curently and will be recieving 8 more of friday. This tank took me nearly 6 weeks to get fully operational.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...on007/Sid2.jpg
This is Sid Vicious(named after the Sex Pistols) He is the big boy/bad *** of the tank. He backs up his name!!!!!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...GingerFred.jpg
These are some of my more colorful guys. That is Fred and Ginger. Im sure some of you could figure out those names.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...mandAbbott.jpg
The blue one here is named James Dean...He is the loner of the group I have.

I have a few more pics but I just wanted to show you guys what I have been up to and why I havent been around. I also hae been working like a madman(55-60 a week). I hope you enjoyed my little bit of fish life. I know its not "fishing" related but it is fish related.

For those wondering...I have been fishing consitantly everyweek 1-3 times a week depending on my work schedule. I am still catching till my thumbs bleed. I hope you guys are rippin it up out there!!!!!

Thanks for coming into look.....
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.