Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-07, 03:26 PM   #1
underfrog
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Rookie needs some advice

Hey Everyone,

I love fishing, have since I was a kid but I never really learned right. I'm getting into Bass for the first time and kinda feel lost in the process. I've been fishing a medium sized pond that was once part of Orlando Wilson's backyard (Woodstock GA) and has been stocked with some of his trophies. I try to hit it at least once or twice a week, but so far my results have been disappointing. I can walk the banks and count 10-20 largemouth in plain sight with at least 2-3 3lb+ lunkers but have yet to take in anything over 2lbs. My first trip over 4 hrs I came up empty my friend landed a 6lb lunker and 4 LM's under 2lbs. Since then I've taken in maybe 4 bass over 10 hrs of fishing.

I've tried a little bit of everything. I stocked up on lures, fishing with solid and broken minnows, spinner baits, buzz bait, jitterbugs, plastic worms, rattle trap and a jig. I don't know if it's my technique or my equipment or maybe just my timing. I've been fishing early morning, shortly after sunrise (6:45am ish until about 10 to 10:30am).

I know the fish are there, not sure why they are not hitting me, any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

--Dan
underfrog is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.