Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-07, 03:11 AM   #1
WallStreetAmigo
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Baitcasting Rod and Reel

Christmas is coming and my wife has asked what I want.......I have decided that I need a good baitcasting rod and reel. Winters are long up here and I will have plenty of time to practice and hopefully get good at it by next spring.

All I use right now are spinning reels, but I'm looking to expand my horizons. I have been asking around and was recommended a Quantum Tour Edition PT Casting Rod paired with a Quantum Accurist PT reel. In reading up on them, they look to be pretty good (although I admit I am not an expert on the subject). I am thinking that a longer MH baitcasting rod would probably cover many different applications, but please correct me if I'm wrong. I tend to like longer rods because I'm very tall and I tend to favor 20lb powerpro because it works well for me.

What are the most important features to look for in a baitcasting setup? I would prefer a setup that can handle many different types of tackle and presentations.

BTW, I was looking through the Cabelas site at baitcast reels and I saw one that was $650 bucks (Calais DC). I told my wife that I wanted that reel for christmas (just to see her have a spaz when she saw the price...lol). She didn't even bat an eye and told me she would get it for me if I really wanted it..... talk about temptation.
WallStreetAmigo is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.