Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-07, 05:42 PM   #1
lunker-lander
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander
Default Just Brushin' up...

OK Guys, if any of you get the magazine In-Fisherman, you may have read the artice "Brushpile Bass". In this article it talks all about the impoundment of Table Rock Lake, and how the older fisherman of the lake used to set brushpiles originally for crappie, then used for Largemouths and Spotted Bass. It also goes on to talk about the local pros, Tim Horton, Rick Clunn, Tommy Martin, etc., and how they today set up brushpiles for bass, spots and largies. So, I got to thinking, I might set-up a couple piles in my local lake, just in the shallows, because: 1)I don't have a GPS and 2)The lake is so muddy, so no one could easily spot it.

The article talks about using sycamore trees because they don't rot easily, but I only have one, about 90 feet tall on my property, and dad won't let me whack and stack it. Dang! But, I am going to try a couple willows. They will be about 4" in diameter, 8 feet long, and about 5 feet wide. I am just going to tie them together with some binder twine, and anchor them with a cinder block. I know, the rope will rot, but it's just temporary, just enough to hold the tree until it hits bottom and sets up in the mud and stone.

I going to try and set them literally the first day of ice-out. I can't wait to fish them in the Spawn, Post-Spawn, and maybe the occasional topwater pattern during summer. Beat 'em with spinnerbaits, worms, and the ol' reliable PNJ in Peanut Butter 'n' Jelly and White.

-LL-

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.