Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-08, 04:06 PM   #1
Buzz Wing
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing
Default Fantastic Fluoros

Skimming through the new In-Fisherman last night, the article "Fantastic Fluoros" really caught my attention.

In a nutshell, this article summed-up what Bass Addict had to say about his fluorocarbon test which he previoulsy posted. It showed Tackle Tour's, (www.tackletour.com), Pro Staffs'/Scientists' finding when it came to testing fluorocarbon. Most testing consisted of: knot strength, visibility, stress/strain under pressure, and abrasion-resistance. After reading this article cover-to-cover, (or rather page-to-page), I found myself stunned at what I did not know.

I was really impressed at how well In-Fisherman documented the prices, advantages/disadvantages, and statistcs of over five or six different lines. Did you know?
  • Berkley Vanish was originally made for tight-lining techniques associated with walleye and sauger?
This is one of plausible reasons that this line curled and freyed so bad on our bass tackle. According to Tim Wiedow, Senior Polymer Chemist for Pure Fishing, ".... Vanish was designed for walleye fishing and other techniques that lack the repetitive casting of heavy lures, fast retrieves, and crushing hooksets you expect in bass fishing".

I was very excited to learn about all the new lines on the market also. Trilene 100% Fluorocarbon, Stren 100% Fluorocarbon, Yo-Zuri Hybrid, Yo-Zuri Hybrid Ultra-Soft, Toray Super Hard UPGRADE, Sunline Super FC Sniper, P-Line Halo, Yo-Zuri 100% Fluorocarbon H20. All these new lines; all with thier own applications.

When you get a chance, pick-up the new In-Fisherman, (April/May 2008, Volume 33/Number 4), and read "Fantastic Fluoros" by Steve Quinn.

Source: In-Fisherman, Volume 33/Number 4, April/May, 2008, "Fantastic Fluoros", Page 34-40, written by Steve Quinn.
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.