Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-08, 04:00 PM   #1
Buzz Wing
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing
Angry Rants!

Mom wanted to go 'gill and crappie fishin' yesterday, so I decided to fling a few lines out while she was crankin' 'em in, (or so I thought!)...

Started like this.... 3:28 PM I get home from school and hook up the boat, load the rods, (7 - ), check the tires, lights, etc., and head to Bird Lake about 20 miles southwest of my house. Pull up to the lake to see a sign that says "Boat Ramp Closed Until June 13, 2008 or Further Notice". Dang... Lake Hudson here I come..... Keep in mind this is part one of two of my rant...

4:09 PM rolls around and I enlighten Mom by saying we'll be on the water and fishin' by 5:00 PM. 31 miles later I make it to Lake Hudson and we finally float the boat. What a way to waste gas on Earth Day, eh!?!?

As were crusin' across the lake I notice my buddy's dad is out musky fishin'. Cool.... He'd said he caught one Staurday that was 39" and 18 lbs., so I might have a chance at something here...

Get Mom baited up and on the third cast precisely, a fish nails my 3/8 ounce Strike King Blue Shad spinnerbait with custom skirt. It's big, and I mean big. Bowin' over my 6'7'' Medium-Heavy Falcon 'Bass Spin' like it's a bendy straw. My 12-lb. Floroclear, (thanks for this line suggestion, Reb), was straight-up performing. My buddy's dad must see I'm hooked up as I see his trolling motor come up and as fires up the gassie from 600 yards away. When he cuts the distance down to about 200 yards he really sees I've got a good one on and throttles-up to a tad faster than the no-wake speed limit.

"Yo hoss, get the net!!"

Finally I wrastle in this 32", 8 lb. minnow, , and glady hold it up as mom snaps a few pics. Way to go with the pics, mom! Probably saw five-ten musky total crusing the shallows, (8-18" of water), spawning and fighting. As you can see, this ones adipose fin and pectoral fins are beat-up pretty bad. Tired-oput male I believe...

Too bad mom didn't catch any, but I got my first of the year, so I was stoked! Only fish of the day although mom's ole bobber and worm did get quite the workout...

Around 7:01 PM I pull up to the dock and I notice some woman and her kayak are parked 10' in front of the launch ramp. I take my time, shore the boat since her butt is right in front of the ramp, and go get my truck. I gave her about five minutes so I figured she'd be outta there come the time I ready to back in...

Well, I pull up next to her and calmy get out of my truck, stroll over to her and her vehicle and say,
"Ma'am, you're not supposed to be parking in front of the loading ramp". She replies with a sass,
"I'll be done in a few"... In return I say,
"If you'd please hurry, I'd appreciate it". To that she exclaims,
"Well don't get all rude about it! I don't appreciate you talking to me like that young man!"

Darn people.... Can't even obey a simple sign five feet in front of her car saying "No Parking Here Anytime". And on top of that, a Toyota. If it's one thing that pisses me off, its American people driving foreign cars. As Montgomery Gentry says in their song, "You Do Your Thing, I'll Do Mine
", "...I ain't gonna risk my family's safety, just to save on a little gas...".

There's my weekly rant! Anybody feel free to join-in....

-Buzz
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.