Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-09, 06:32 PM   #1
ho_shi
BassFishin.Com Member

Default tough decisions but for a better life

There comes a time in each of our lives when we are faced with a tough decision. I have recently faced one of the hardest yet. Recently I was asked if I would move back home to Wyoming and go to work back on the rigs. I have been at my current position with the City of Granbury for almost 6 years now. I have made many great friends and truly love Texas . If it were not for the fact that I have a little girl back home that I have not seen in almost 6 and a half years and the fact that all my family lives in Wyoming I would stay in Texas.

I also have a little girl here, along with a whole new respect and outlook on life and hope that I can fulfill my dreams and goals in Wyoming . I do not want to leave everything I have earned here, the respect of my peers and colleagues and what little bit of a nitch I have carved here, BUT I have the need/calling for a great once in a lifetime opportunity.

I have been offered a job making almost 3 dollars more a hour then the City is offering me. On top of that they have a great 401 K package and even better insurance package then the City offers me plus a guaranteed 40 hours a week. I would be stupid at this point in my life to pass this up. If everything works out as planned I will have my own crew and rig in 6 mos to a year and will be living in high cotton!!!

The way the things are looking I would work 20 days on and 10 days off. I have hopes that these 10 days off of coming back to Texas to visit my little girl here and do a lot of R&R and FISH!!! I wont be doing much bass fishin and such up there but I will be fishing for walleyes, northern pike and rainbow trout just to name a few.

I hope to still visit my forums and participate as much as possible, maybe not at much as I am now but I will not be lost for long!!! Keep me in touch enjoy the fishing and remember the pictures!!!! The 31st of this month will be my last day employeed in Texas and I hope to start my new Job in Wyoming the following Monday. I will be leaving Texas for the first time in years on April 1st!! (and this is NOT a aprils fool joke either lol)

See yall soon!!

AJ

ho_shi is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.