Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-09, 10:16 PM   #1
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144
Default Trip to NetCraft and then Fishing.

We headed over to Net Craft to pick up a guide set for the crankbait rod my dad's building for himself. (If I like it when he's done, I'm going to build myself one with black yellow to match the Skeet Reese Revo...

Anyways, they had a free hat thing with a $20 purchase. So we also got a free hat. I had a gift certificate for there too so I picked up a Spro Little John in Clear Chartreuse, a couple packs of Gulp worms in the bargain bin for 3.50, and a pack of Swim Senkos for 4.50 in the bargain bin (normally 7.29). Overall, I think I controlled the money fairly well.

Then we went out to a local reservoir for a bit of fishing. We went over what we wanted to take. Our box of jerkbaits and one rod each...

Well... When we left the house, we had two rods each, the jerkbaits, some flukes and slug-go's, and a few dropshot baits, some Yum Dingers and my new swim senkos (to try out)

I started out fishing a BPS jerkbait, which I was not happy with at all. It is supposed to be a suspending one, but sank like a rock... I soon switched over to a Suspending rattlin' rogue in an weird color. It has a red back and a silver belly with orange/yelllow in between. And lots of little black stripes... Soon after switching I had a fairly hard hit after the first twitch. Fished some more with it then the dropshot, but no more bites...

My dad started with a glass clown Husky Jerk. No bites for him on that... We switched over to a 5" watermelon candy YUM dinger. Nothing...

So we had our one bite, but I got to try a few baits I had been wanting to try. One was the new Swim senko's. I rigged them on a 4/0 EWG hook. they swam purty good, but they could have used a weighted hook. I also got ttry my Chomper's 4" dropsht worms. WOW! These things have amazing action on the DS. I am definately getting more. I just wish they had them bigger than 4"

We may get to go fishing tomarrow to, so I may still get the first one this weekend.

BB

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.