Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-09, 04:54 PM   #1
jig fisherman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default got skunked or shorts.. 7 days in a row

from july 3 to the 10 i went on a vacation to raystown lake to go fishing. Normally the water is in the 80's and the hydrilla is thick but this year the weeds were dead and the water was in the mid 70's. We typically do pretty well on the rock walls where its 40+ feet deep 20 feet fromk shore using little crankbaits but got next to nothing this year. All i got was one little bass on a tube jig. We also tried near the dead weeds and got a couple and my dad got a 2 two pounders one day near the weeds and submerged logs. On the days i didn't get skunked i got one on a wacky rig and one on a dt4. I think part of the reason we didn't get many was because there was a full moon that week and there was shad everywhere so the bass were probably just gorging themselves on the shad and we couldn't specifically target bass because my sisters woul have gotten bored if they didn't get a sunny every 2 minutes or less. the water was also less clear than it normaly is(there's probably 6+ feet of visibility normally). We did try the dam one day where there was 20+ feet of visibilty so i tried little swimbaits and all i got were sunnies. I did have a 2+ pounder on the night before we had to leave but he jumped and threw the hook on a zara spook. If anybody has any ideas on what i should have used that would be greatly appreciated. And thanks to whoever read the entire post because it was longer and i probably rambled on for a little while there.
jig fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.