Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-09, 04:04 PM   #1
crankybait
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default My first ever tourney @ Greenwood Lake (pics)

Well folks, today was my first ever fishing tournament I was real excited last night... slept at 1 and woke up at 4 to get ready. anyhow, as i drove out to greenwood, it started pouring and i was ANGRY. Seems like whenever i have a big fishing day planned, nature has other ideas. Anyhow, when I got there, the rain was dying down and we got onto the boats. I was boating with this one other kid... he was an obnoxious twerp, but hell, can't have everything work out, can we?
The guy asked where we wanted to fish, and i rattled out some suggestions bassintom and 1fastlaser had given me (thanks, by the way). The other kid wanted to fish the docks on the New York side, and since all the spots are so close to each other, we went there first. Started the day on a red shad worm on a slider hook, but somehow i got hung up and the hook broke in two. This was an owner hook... not some cheapo or anything. I was surprised to say the least. Anyhow, after that I switched to a pop-r but had no luck on that. it was about 10 o clock, and i switched to the red shad worms again. Bang, my first tourney fish, caught with the worm bounced off the edge of the little concrete wall type thing. Then we went a little further down, to Derek Jeter's house (my god that thing is NICE!) and ran into a school of little bass. literally every cast I had one. We decided to stop screwing around there, and started fishing docks by the airplane hangar, when i got my second fish. It was a smallie that just about made the size limit. After that we tried fishing around a marina, but nothin happening there, we went to the dam. Over there, i hooked into a big fish under a tree, musta been 2 or 3 pounds, but it spit the hook about 5 feet from the boat... bummer.
Anyway, pics

totaled out at 3.51, good for 4th out of 15... but ofcourse no recognition for fourth... maybe next time

even so... the true measurement of fishing success

one bassthum up

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.