Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-09, 07:42 PM   #1
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default we be back!

yup dats right, just flew in from our eight day fishing trip on the gulf, dang those fish fight sooo hard. From days of spanish mac to tons of speckled sea trout, lots of sea cats, a shark or two, and lots of SUN lol

I think the most exciting day was I when I was out in front of my sons condo and started out with black grouper, when at high tide this massive school of jack crevele worked the bay and I was able to get a nice one before they moved under a bridge to the next bay across the street. What a nice tuna lookin' fish
The next day with my brother in laws Jim and Chris we had a hay day of sea trout. Jim put the hurtin' on both of us. He caught a ton of em, bout hammer handle size, 14 inches or so. The next day we went out on the gulf near St Pete and cockroach bay, and got in to the snapper. We had a livewell full of them after a four hour trip in the 96 degree air temp, 85 water temp.
I learned ya have to follow the channel wayyyy out in the gulf in that area to get out there, we fished some sunken ships in seventeen ft of water, then moved out to the channel where it was 45 ft deep. I was telling Denny a minute ago that even these twelve to fifteen inch fish pull like a thirty lb cat! speaking of sea cats, we got a lot of them and what a nuisance. One wrapped around a piece of coral and I pulled in the coral but only half the bait fish LOL
Another outing the cobia we moving some big 16 inch fish in front of us. those fish they were feeding on were jumping all over the place to avoid the inevitable. Bought dozens of shrimp each day and some frozen squid, but every trip to fl gets better and better. Hope to hit brookville tomorrow in 35 degree morning. In clearwater it was 83 at sunrise, 96 by noon. I've never drank so much water in my life. I also found out like zooker states that when its 94 % humidity and 95 degrees air temp the ol camera doesn't work at all! We filleted all the mangro snapper but I threw back all the rest. I did have a shark follow my bait on honeymoon island near Dunedin but no bites.

Last edited by JB; 10-10-09 at 08:20 PM.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.