Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-10, 02:21 PM   #1
rodnreel
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default First catch on new boat

Hit the lake yesterday for a couple of hours since the weather was so nice. It was about 70 degrees with a slight wind. I didn't even fire the big motor up because I decided to fish an area close to the boat ramp, so I launched and put the trolling motor down and started fishin. Water was right around 60 degrees and stained. I had been fishing for about 20 minutes when I caught my first ever bass from my new boat. This 17" 2.5 lb smallmouth hit my crawfish colored crankbait like a tank and would not let me lip it. I got to see about 6 really good jumps before I swung it into the boat. Smallmouth fights are the best:

After about 20 more minutes of fishing the same spot, I got another really strong hit. I set the hook, but the fish didn't move or want to come up. I was wondering if it was a bass or not. It took some drag and fought hard for about 20 seconds before I reeled it in. To my surprise this is what had inhaled my crankbait:

Needless to say I was very surprised to see a walleye! It went 24" and 4.5 lbs. I kept it in my livewell for a while trying to decide if I wanted to keep it for dinner, but decided to put her back in the drink. We don't have very many walleye that size in my home lake. My dad took the picture right before I loaded the boat back onto the trailer. Not bad for the first 2 fish on my new boat!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.