Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-10, 01:38 PM   #1
BoyoBoyle
BassFishin.Com Member

Default A milestone and PB

Never fished my local spot in the morning, so I thought I would give it a shot today since I work the afternoon. I was quite impressed...

Got out on the lake about 7:30, started taking the usual loop around the lake, and after about 45 minutes I already hooked into a 3lb 2oz bass and another around 2 1/2 lbs, and a couple others. At that point I was more than happy with how my day was going. Then we neared the end of the long stretch where we usually nail the big ones so me and my buddy started to kick back a little. I was throwing a 5/0 offset gammy T-rigged with a watermelon 10" powerworm all morning wth great results. I threw right on the edge of this group of bushes near the corner of the lake, only about one to two feet deep, and hooked into a fish. At first, it didn't feel like much because it started swimming towards me, but when it got close i got a good look at it and knew it was a big one. Once I saw it, thats when the fight started. It tried going under the boat, surfaced a bunch, did every trick, but finally i got it up to the boat and pulled it in.

Holy Crap!!! I know you guys catch bass like this a lot, but up here in Pennsylvania, its not too common. Measued 21" and weighed in at 5lb 6oz! I was pretty excited to say the least. PB by over a pound!

I took a couple pictures, then let him go. ENJOY!

Here's a 3lb 2oz. bass i caught earlier
Click image for larger version

Name:	0521100805.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	295.3 KB
ID:	5198

Heres the big one
Click image for larger version

Name:	0521100859a.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	315.3 KB
ID:	5196
BoyoBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.