Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-10, 08:55 AM   #1
96ecss
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Introduce Myself

I've been a member here for a year and a half and I've never introduced myself. I always love to read the posts here and I've learned quite a bit. This is by far the best fishing forum I've found and is loaded with very friendly, knowledgeable people. Well, here goes my introduction.

My name is Dave and I'm from New Jersey. I'm 42 and married with one son, 7 years old. I've been fishing since I was about 6 years old. I got serious about Bass fishing when I was in my teens. My son is getting started Bass fishing now. He is starting to want to throw the plastic worms and Beetle Spins I gave him instead of just using a worm and bobber for bluegills. He actually spent a half hour this past summer throwing a 5 inch Senko. He didn’t care that he didn’t catch anything on it. He told me he just wanted to try it.

I have a 12 foot jon boat with a Johnson 9.9 and a MinnKota Traxxis 45. I like to fish the Delaware river and various lakes in Central NJ.

Like many people, I don't get to go fishing as much as I used to. Work and family life sometimes get in the way. I still try to get out at least once a week from April to November and I fish saltwater with my brother in his boat in the summer.

My other hobbies include hunting, playing and teaching guitar. I love sports and used to play baseball, football and ice hockey. I also love mixed martial arts and used to train for that when I was younger. Fishing and guitar are my 2 favorites though.

Well that’s about it I guess. I hope to be participating more instead of just reading the posts here. I would like to say thank you to Kevin for this great site and to all the people here that make bassfishin.com what it is.

Dave
96ecss is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.