Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-11, 12:46 AM   #1
sharrison
BassFishin.Com Member

Default How to catch schooling bass??

Was out at creek side of Ocklawaha today and had some pretty good luck. Caught 8 LMB ranging from 1.3- 2.5#

Water was stained but clear, I could see the bottom at 12' or so. Most the bottom was in the 5-7' range and you could see the bottom real well.
There was a strong current which might of been drawing down Rodman Resevoir, not sure on that but the current was way stronger then it's ever been.

I caught them on either a Sexy shad Spinner bait, Watermelon tube or Watermelon trick worm on shaky head jig.

On my way back to the ramp I saw the biggest school of bass i've ever seen swimming by. Had to be well over 100 of them. They looked to be in the 14-16" range. I tried everything but couldn't get any of them to bite. A few were boiling the surface but mostly just hanging out in one deeper spot. I let them settle down for a bit then tried my luck.

Tried spinner bait,shaky head,jig,top water,lipless and regular cranks both square bill and deep, Floating Rapalas,ect.. pretty much everything I had in the box and came up empty. Not even a bite.

then as I hung my head in shame and as I was pulling off the spot to head back another big school came by. I didn't even try. My ego couldn't handle anymore for the day

I'm sorry this is a novel. I just wanting all the info out there..

What did I do wrong? What can I do differently next time?

Thanks guys..
sharrison is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.