Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-11, 10:42 AM   #1
coachpurdy
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default valuable lessons learned

I've only had my boat for aboat 6 months so I guess I am still learning.

Last week the temps were in the high 60's so you can imagine what it was like having to work all week and how I was itching to go fishing. Well I finally got my chance on Saturday, the first I've had off in a while, so I got on the phone early to try to find someone to go with me. My fishing buddy had to work and another friend had to work until lunch. I told him I would wait because I needed to respool some reels and put new hooks on baits anyway. About lunch I called him back and he was running late so I decided to go alone. I left in a hurry trying to save what little daylight I had left and about thirty miles down the road my education began.

1. If you know that you need new trailer tires don't wait, purchase them now.

2. Don't assume that the lug wrench for the pickup will fit the bolts for the trailer.

3. When taking lug bolts off with a wrench there will always be at least one that will strip.

4. Always make sure that there is air in the spare tire

5. There is still nice people out ther who are willing to stop and lend a hand.

The day wasn't totaly lost though, I got home and went fishing in a local pond and caught about 20 or so. I caught several 2#s and was happy to be outside for a change.
coachpurdy is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.