Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-11, 08:15 PM   #1
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default A morning on the water.

My Neighbor and I hit up a local lake this morning for a quick bass session. He got his first hit of the morning while I still had the main in idle trying to warm up the boat, but it came unbuttoned. Being that he has been skunked for all of 2011, you would have thought that Ike just lost the classic. I told him that it served him right and that there would be more fish.
We made it over to another spot where the hydrilla almost touches the surface. He was tossing a weightless hula grub when he got thumped hard. Following a swing and a miss he threw it out there again and landed his first bass of 2011.
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	448.7 KB
ID:	6231
I had an IKA tied on and made a long cast to a point when I felt a very agressive strike. I lowered and set the hook and was sure I had a great bass on. It wasn't until it surfaced that I realized, that ain't no bass.
Click image for larger version

Name:	002.JPG
Views:	390
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	6232
No matter what I tried, I couldn't get a bass to bite. I did end up with 3 trout, one on IKA, one on Senko, and one on Drop Shot.
My neighbor finished with the one bass.

All in all it was a good morning.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.