Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-11, 10:43 AM   #1
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Yesterdays tournament

As you know I prefished on Friday for a tournament on Saturday. Well the tournament started off horrible for us. We ran all the water that we caught fish in on Friday and couldn't get a bite. Now Friday we had a limit that would go around 15lbs by 7:30 in the morning and by 10:00 we probably had around 16-18lbs and all this was done by catching a fish in a spot and leaving and catching another fish in another spot and leaving. We didn't catch more than 2 fish out of any one area because we didn't want to beat it up for Saturday, so obviously Saturday morning I had high hopes for out areas to produce. However I was also concerned because the air temps dropped quite a bit overnight and I was affraid that it would move our fish out of the areas we were catching them because they were in the very backs of creeks and pockets in just a few feet of water. Well sure enough, the water temp dropped 4 degrees overnight and we couldn't buy a bite in any of the areas that we fished on Friday. We were in a pretty good tailspin and I was having a mental meltdown in the boat by around 11:30 or so. I was starting to fish sloppy because I was letting my emotions get out of control. Finally I just sat down on the front deck of the boat and took a little break to calm myself down. I told myself that you can't play this game mad, and let's just put our heads down and grind it out. So from that point on we just went fishing. We caught our first keeper at noon and our 5th keeper at 1:00, talk about how much things can change in an hour. A few minutes later and we were culling. We culled several time throughout the after noon and with about 30 minutes left we headed to a shallow pea gravel point that is close to the ramp. I caught a few dinks off of the point and then I told Britney one more cast. One the last cast I caught our kicker, she was the big fish we needed and she weighed just under 5lbs. We ended up winning the tournament by a little less than a pound and I also won big bass with the last cast fish too. It was an amazing day and one that I will never forget. I have had good tournaments before but I have never had things turn around so quicky like that before. The best bait of the day was the KVD 1.5, that is what most of our fish came on including the big kicker. We also caught a few on spinnerbaits, jigs, and Biffle Bugs. I also caught a flathead on the KVD 1.5 that went over 12lbs as well haha.

Our Kicker

3 of our Keepers

The flathead

carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.