Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-11, 12:45 PM   #25
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

After glancing at this, my only observation is that I don't know where I would find the time to get so much expertise in fishing products. Truly, the older I get, the more disdainful I feel towards the BPS catalog mentality where the newest lures and reels and their specifications are on the tips of everyone's tongue. I say that not as a shot at anyone on this board, because some on here have a more techincal/engineering mentality and perhaps for them such specifications come naturally, but I care too much about the actual act of fishing to spend my days worrying about how my reel works.

To the original question; through trial and error, I found that my abu 1600 sx can cast the 4" senkos fine, and 3" ok depending on the rod tip. I've had that reel now for several years. I think I will keep it for another 20 or so. And if I need to throw something lighter, its gonna be spinning tackle for me.

An additional note that I would like to add. In fishing, you have the little fish which hunt down pods of baitfish. They tend to school up the bait. Then, you have the big fish who sit below the school waiting for the easy meal. When it comes to tackle, I'm a big fish. I'll wait on the hordes of dinks to test all the gear, argue needlessly about it, and then, when the picking is right, I will lazily (although cunningly) mosy on over and try the drop shot or the side scanner after it has been proven to work. And all the while, I will catch a **** load of bass doing it, without wasting my precious money on crap I dont need.

Toodles,
WTL

Last edited by WTL; 06-04-11 at 01:00 PM.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.