Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-11, 10:10 AM   #1
Mumpy
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Revealing a Secret

So, I want to share with you a Secret technique I have been using for about 12 years now that has caught me a large amount of Bass and has given me many places to fish.

In the heat of the day when the Temperature outside is 95 – 102 degrees a lot of people don’t fish. Usually it’s hard for people to catch Bass in this type of condition. I found out about 12 or so years ago that I could catch Bass in those conditions and it also helped me later as well.
The Technique I use is I troll for Largemouths. I have a large Rod Setup that I used to use for King Salmon Fishing. I’ve spooled up 85lb Test Braid and I use 20+ Deep Diving Crankbaits. I will take the Crankbait, cast it behind the boat and let out about 75 or so yards of line and then start trolling.
I keep the boat in the 22-25’ Depth Range and I follow the Contour of the Bank. I can’t tell you how many bass I’ve caught like this over the years. It’s done more for me than just put Bass in the boat, it lets me learn the lake and also when I catch a bass this way, don’t think I caught it out of luck. There is a Reason that Bass was there where he was. He was there because of the structure. So, I mark that spot and I now have a spot I can fish normally. I’ve caught multiple Bass in the same spot by making a Pass, catching a bass then making another pass and I would catch another bass. When this happens I will go to that spot and fish it normally.

Has anyone else ever done this? I’ve always been curious to know if there were other Bass Fishermen out there that Trolled for Largemouths.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.