Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-11, 05:21 PM   #1
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Quality over quantity

I was in IA for a quick one-day trip yesterday to help my parents with some yard work and to do a little fishing with my dad. We didn't catch much in our 90-minute outing last night, only two fish, but they were both nice ones.

I brought in the first one and it weighed 4lb 7oz and was 18.75" long. This is my second biggest bass of the year! Dad was fishing a different spot at the time, so I had to do the best I could with a quick self-photo.

Dad hauled in this 3lb 8oz, 17.75" LM about 15 minutes later.

Both fish came on a 5" T-rigged senko (Watermelon w/ Green & Red flakes). We tried several other lures and couldn't find anything else that produced any other bites, but it sure was a beautiful evening to be fishing -- and fishing with my dad made it even more special!

Next weekend will be the final fishing of the year up at our lake place. I'm sad to see it end, but I'm also very thankful for all the chances to fish again this year. Maybe there will be one last set of pictures and stories to share after we get back.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.