Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-12, 12:15 PM   #1
Crankbait
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Go with a plan....or your gut????

I’ve always wondered what makes a bass hit that loud rattling crankbait? When you think about it they don’t really mimic a shad sound…….at least I don’t believe so. When I first started using cranks it was hard to throw the plastic only because I used to (still do actually) believe in making a bait as realistic as possible. I started drilling out my plastic cranks and removing the bb’s and also adding different types of oils to alter the sound of the rattle. Got some interesting results. I really admire the pros and their determination to find out which crank will get the bass fired up. For me it’s always a question of when to switch. How many times have you thrown a crank 5….6…7 times at a stump or laydown only to get nailed on the 8th cast just as you were getting ready to change lures. So how do you guys decide when enough is enough…….when to make that change whether to a different color or a different lure altogether. Do you go in with a game plan like “I’m gonna throw this many times or I’m gonna throw 5 minutes before I change” or do you just go with your gut!?!
Crankbait is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.