Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-12, 10:23 PM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Bad day turns around. Never give up.

The day started out with two small bass caught between 5 and 6AM on a frog. From 6 to 11:00 or so, I couldn't buy a bite. I had been using various techniques that had worked well for me in recent weeks. But things have changed since post spawn. Plus there wasn't a cloud in the sky, and the sun was baking down, and the winds picking up were making boat control difficult at best. The other fisherman who had launched after me had already packed it in for the day. I was about to do so myself, but I could hear Mike Icconeli whispering into my ear, "never give up". I decided to give one last thing a try, I headed for the west end of the lake where the wind wasn't blowing so hard, so I could control my boat better. Then I slid a Yum Craw Papi onto a 4/0 EWG hook and pegged a 3/8 oz. tungsten weight snug to the offering, and started pitching into open pockets in weedbeds in the 10-12 foot range. Right away I tied into a nice 4 pounder, the best of the day. Using the wind and trolling motor for a controled drift, I kept pitchin into open pockets with the Craw Papi. Long story short, I landed about 15 over the next two hours. I only left because I had to. If there is anything I want you the reader to get from this post, it is this. Before calling it a day and heading home when the fishing is tough, try to think of at least one approach you havn't tried that day. A high bright sun told me the bass just may have moved a little further out and were buried under the canopy of weeds. So I gave it a shot. I hear ya loud and clear Ike. Never give up!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	flint lake bass 6-3-12.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	7954   Click image for larger version

Name:	Craw Papi.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	7955   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bass Flint Lake 6-3-12.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	7956  

Last edited by keithdog; 06-04-12 at 08:57 PM.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.