Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-12, 08:35 PM   #1
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Pretty cool find at work. And also has anyone heard of this bait?

First of all I am a Wiggle Wart fanatic. I have had so many amazing days with this bait and won quite a bit of money in tournaments on this bait. I am certain that several if not all of these days never would have been, had I been using any other bait. Just about all of these success stories came on a post Rapala Wiggle Wart, so understand that I am not saying the new ones won't catch fish. Anyways a guy at work had a bunch of boxes of tackle that used to be his grandpas. He doesn't fish much so he brought a few boxes in to give some of guys at work some baits. As I was digging around I seen an old Wiggle Wart in an unopened box. I thought "no way". Sure enough as I moved the box around I was able to see the words "Wiggle Wart" under the bill. I offered the guy some money and he declined and said he had a bunch more if I wanted them, which I said heck yeah. Well I haven't seen anymore of them but I atleast got a pre-Rapala Wiggle Wart for free. Then I came home and luckily found a few auctions on ebay for some more pre Rapala Wiggle Warts and won a few more for a good price, with one auction being for 5 of them.

This brings me to the question part of my thread. Last night I was looking on ebay and ran across a bait that I have never heard of before. I texted Jrob and asked if he was familiar with it and he said that he hadn't heard of it either. It's called a Short Wart. Basically it looks like a shorter version of the Wiggle Wart (this bait is pre Rapala also), only it is a squarebilled crankbait. The auction was for 2 of them and the only crankbaits I like more than Wiggle Warts are squarebilled crankbaits so I figured how could I go wrong with a squarebilled version of a Wiggle Wart, so I bought them. They don't have the exact same body as a Wiggle Wart but pretty similiar, mainly they look like they are a little shorter. I am wondering if anyone knows anything about these baits? The best I can find on the internet is that Bassmaster Classic that was won by Ken Cook he was asked about a crankbait he was using. He knew it was one of the Storm crankbaits in the wart family but couldn't remember which one so he just said it was a "Short Wart". The next day Storm were making this bait under this name.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.