Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-12, 08:54 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default asking for some prayers gang.

ok....some of oyu folks may have thought i got a new phone according to my posts. well i haven't, i am jsut home.

yes, as hard as it has been for me to go through this, i am now asking for some prayers. NOTHING IS WRONG WITH MY NOR LISA'S HEALTH.

i lost my job on oct 2, 2012.

i am not asking for ANY money folks. cause i am ok so far. i just ask that ya'll pray i can find me a job soon.

i have "applied" at more than 50 places. and gotten NO results or feedback of anything available in the near future. i haven't given up, jsut losing hope some.

seems no one wants a 50 yr old anymoe. and every "job" that DOES want me wants to start me out at minimun wage. i make more staying home than that. and those jobs are only part time. not worth losing my unemployment just yet.

i have a place i WANT to go very badly, but it requires me to do a LOT of traveling, which is fine with me because of the pay. it is a union job too. so don't be hating that now ok? it is a pipeliner welders helpers job. in other words i help the welder, make sure he has all the tools he needs ot weld the pipe, clean up afterwards. sometimes i will be in north dakota or portland oregon, or new york or texas. but for $20-$30 bucks an hour, time and ahlf over 40, perdiem pay....i will gladly go. my new neighbor who jsut bought a famr down the street form us is doing this and introduced me to it. she...yes SHE made over $50,00.00 last year and only worked for a little over 6 months. now if i can do this for say...9 months ayear. i will be able to retire in 10 years.

i am already VESTED in the RSA of ALABAMA. (teachers retirement systems of alalbama) i have 14 yrs and 3 months in there. called today and was told i could start drawing form that at eh age of 60 (jan.1,2021) and grand total of $545.00 a month. not a lot of money i know, but i draw this for the REST OF MY LIFE. after 14 yrs i only put in a little over $18,000.00. but i will draw out much more than that over the rest of my life. so it'll be good.

so i NEED to do this welders helper job. if i can get in, work 9 months a year for the next 10 years...i should have a nice little egg there. then lisa and i can sell this house (after her parents pass on of course) move to the lake...and relax and gripe like bruce and doc do, lol.

meanwhile, i am still looking. but there isn't much going on here in the northeast corner of the state of alabama.

yes i blame the economy, but it doesn't JSUT fall on obama. it falls on EACH AND EVERY PEROSN IN D.C. again, jsut my opion.

sorry for the long rant and sob story. jsut tired of this, too old for this too. jsut pray i find something soon ok? and thanks ahea of time folks.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.