Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-13, 08:24 PM   #1
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Florida Spring Break

Hey guys, thought Id post a couple pictures of my spring break in Florida

First is my largest bass ever. I dont bring a scale anymore, but I carefully measured it and it was 25 inches in length with a girth of 20 inches...a very fat female bass. The BPS calculator, and most online calculators indicate this would be around 10 pounds 7 ounces, and that certainly jives with my estimate. For years I had sat on around 9 pounds according to who you asked, but now I am sure I broke the 10 pound trophy mark. It was caught in some lily pads on a spinnerbait with white willow blades, which is also the same general spinnerbait that has accounted for a few of my other big pigs over the years. It was covered with some sort of parasitic bug, that didnt seem to be causing much damage, some sort of underwater lice or the like. In accordance with the state of Florida catch and release only policy for this particular lake, I released the fish immediately. Some day I might have a replica made, but I dont have to today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1707.jpg
Views:	600
Size:	523.3 KB
ID:	8625

This next bass is my first peacock bass, caught in the Miami airport lakes close to antonio maceo park. I struggled that day to get a peacock bass, and it was looking grim, but it finaly hit an academy swimbait shortly before I reached the ramp, which I was working my way back to.

Name:	IMG_1963.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	493.9 KB
ID:	8626

This next picture might be the shot of the trip, although I was guilty of holding the fish very close to the camera to kinda mislead as according to size. They both were around 5 pounds, I think the LM was a little bigger. These were caught not very far from Key Largo.

Name:	IMG_2023.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	503.1 KB
ID:	8627

This picture is of the famed zara spook, afloat in the florida keys., It was in the water for all of 20 minutes, before I decided I was gonna get killed with that 25 mile north wind sweeping down the gulf. No fish caught in the keys, it was pretty, but when I go back to that I wont be so cheap, Im getting a guide.

Name:	IMG_2018.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	521.2 KB
ID:	8628

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.