Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-05, 07:27 PM   #26
River stumps
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Seems like one never forgets his first bass. I was a young lad when I caught my first. Caught it on a mepps inline spinner bait. You won't believe what a set up I was using. I still have the old rod and reel, never seen one like it since. Some time I will post a picture of it on the site.Those were the good old days when you almost had to teach your self how to bass fish, never had anyone to teach me. It got a little easier as time went bye and I started getting some baits. I got a jitterbug and caught my second bass on it, There on it was history, stayed on the river bank. Yes sir, that was the good old days.
Old 11-21-05, 08:12 PM   #27
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

lol got mine on a dressed mepps black fury #2 inline spinnerbait. even if it was barley leagle bass. i normally never fished for bass growing up.

i have picture of it some where- none to pretty either....

zooker
Old 11-21-05, 09:29 PM   #28
Fishie
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Hey river,

I don't have anyone in my family that fishes except me and I have tought myself everything I know through the internet and years on the water. No one even showed me how to do anything in fishing hands on. I am in a way like zooker even though I wouldn't want to say it where I learned on my own. If you want to go fishing some time I will show you what I can do. Just PM me if you ever make it up to st. louis.
Old 11-21-05, 10:13 PM   #29
River stumps

Fishie! Thanks for the invitation. If I'm ever out your way I will take you upon it. River s
Old 11-21-05, 11:41 PM   #30
Fishie

Yeah I would enjoy fishing with yah and could learn some stuff from you.
Old 11-22-05, 05:56 PM   #31
bassnman30

Zook, your right about having an off year. This one has been one of my worst.
Caught my first bass on a Beetle spin in a golf course pond, I was appx. 8.
Don is having a bad year. He has always done well with his other club he should come around. What about Bassenforcer man he dropped loads of points. He also lost his back roller in the parking lot at Badin. I saw it and so did Gary, but we decided to leave it due to the fact that the person who lost it may return. Didn't know it may have been Bassenforcers.
He claimed that the bar was still in place, I just wonder whether the roller just broke off.I had a decent day at Badin, caught three keepers believe it or not. Unfortunately, I was alone so it was unobserved by any one else.
Old 11-22-05, 06:11 PM   #32
zooker

bassenforcer dropped points...so did i those 3 tourny points i did not get -cause of work- put me shovlin mud in the basement... hope don comes round that elder can teach both of us some things. dale also lost a a couple. iknow c-rig is good but he is just on fire all year..

in all honset opinion bassenforcer likes to load his boat too shallow in my opinion.kinda like you would a bass tracker maybe he will learn that glass boats need to be backed in deeper..that boy is tough on that new ranger...

welcome to the "alone bass catchers club" reason i pack my casmera alot more often...

zooker
Old 11-24-05, 02:24 PM   #33
bassnman30

If you think that he loads to shallow then you should pay more attention to some of the other guys in the club, including me. You shouldn't be criticizing others techniques even in your " opinion". He takes good care of his boat. Keeps it clean,covered, and all parts in good working condition. He most likely hasn't even got a scratch on it. Unlike mine and some of the others around. Just take a quick look sometime, you'll have a really bad opinion about all the scratches on other rigs, and some of these boats are almost as new as Bassenforcer's. While some boats look great, some are also made for fishing. Mines made for fishing reguardless of it's appearance. It's hard to keep a boat scratch free and load up or unload perfectly in the eye's of others. If the boat gets on or off the trailer without much effort then it seems to me that it's ok. But then again thats my personal opinion.
Old 11-24-05, 06:04 PM   #34
flfireman

Anyone can be knowledgeable. The fact is, everyone knows alot about the local area they see on a regular basis. I probably could run most guys on the stick marsh. But then again I know some people that I would love to pick their brains about places to go there. Theres a lot of people that have exceptional knowledge and skills for their area, does this make them great? Maybe! But I would definately pick their brains if I was going near them. Knowledge is a powerful tool, some people talk and type, others practice what they preach. Ive read hundreds of posts here, some from newbies others from kids, others from people I have no idea about. My biggest saying is "Take what you think you can use and actually use it. Then form an opinion on it." Ive heard some strange things on here from some pretty knowledgeable people in my eyes, Ive even tried a lot of their ideas. Some worked for me others didnt. As far as the most knowledgeable? It all depends on what you consider your knowledge level to be. Not to make anyone blush, I do have a list of people here that I take their words of advice very seriously. They are............................................... ............................
Old 11-25-05, 01:18 AM   #35
454ss
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

ZOOKER 10characters
454ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-05, 03:07 PM   #36
pig n jig

What about BassinTom ?I certainly think he is worthy of being mentioned.Maybe he should be inducted in the bass site Hall of Fame with Rebbasser ?Do we have the Hall of Fame yet ?
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-05, 04:01 PM   #37
River stumps

I do beleive BassingTom resume is fitting the critera for being mentioned as an inductee into the bass Hall of Fame, along with PNJ, Lizzards, zooker, Rebbasser and ?
Old 12-01-05, 08:29 AM   #38
flippin4it

I'll second River stumps on that.
Old 12-05-05, 02:20 PM   #39
bassnman30

I for one have a difficult time accepting "dock talk". I may state what has worked for me but if you have a different bait that has worked for you then by all means use that bait.
Old 12-05-05, 03:31 PM   #40
Rebbasser

Most knowledgeable? That covers a lot of water. Thanks for the mention, but I will be the first to admit there is a whole lot more I don't know than I know. I'm glad I have been able to share some of my knowledge, but I have learned a lot from guys like Zooker, JB, Bassintom just to name a few. I've also enjoyed watching other guys like Lizards develop into pretty good bass fishermen.

Truth be told, the biggest benefit I get from this site is the friendships I have developed. While I have only met one other guy from this site face to face, Nitro911, I've become friends with most of y'all, and that never would have happened before the net, simply due to the distance between a lot of us.

Last edited by Rebbasser; 12-05-05 at 03:36 PM.
Rebbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-05, 07:44 PM   #41
zooker

very true reb. i have only met bassnman -he aint that pruty either-ans bassenforcer they are in the same club and brought me in also. that is ok you can blame them..

zooker
Old 12-06-05, 09:12 PM   #42
JB

What would be nice is all around knowledge, having good catches in all parts of the u.s
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-05, 10:53 PM   #43
zooker

there is a large area called the rockys about 3 days drive west from your location. not many big lakes in there lots of streams with alot of trout.

zooker
Old 12-07-05, 05:24 PM   #44
bassnman30

What do you mean, "he ain't that purty". Man I think that I'm about the best looking guy that I know.
Old 12-07-05, 07:29 PM   #45
zooker

rotflmao.. you don't know to many guys do you?

zooker

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.