Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-08, 02:05 PM   #26
Lilmoosecountry
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Ps. i know i am hard on Rods. But you have to when your fishing the mighty Mo. I remembor flipping a jig one day at the mouth of the Fish'N River. I was flipping to tree's along the edge & gott hooked up to tree. That decided at the same time to start floating own stream. I was fussing with trolling motor trying to avoid other debris. The tree got into the heavy current & started pulling down stream. I was aproaching a wing dam. I needed to pull the trolling motor in & start the outboard to avoid cillosion with the wing dam. The whole time holding this rod hoping to get close enuff to yank free the tree. Well the rod gave before i could. I was fishing berkley 20lb big game. The rod broke before the mono. That was the first time she was replaced

Last edited by Lilmoosecountry; 02-11-08 at 02:11 PM.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-08, 02:42 PM   #27
lunker-lander

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

Well, St.croix only took two weeks on my last rod. Only $50 and she was back good as new. I don't mind paying this, as long as I get my rod back to a good working order!

-Lunk-
Old 02-11-08, 02:47 PM   #28
lunker-lander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmoosecountry View Post
Ps. i know i am hard on Rods. But you have to when your fishing the mighty Mo. I remembor flipping a jig one day at the mouth of the Fish'N River. I was flipping to tree's along the edge & gott hooked up to tree. That decided at the same time to start floating own stream. I was fussing with trolling motor trying to avoid other debris. The tree got into the heavy current & started pulling down stream. I was aproaching a wing dam. I needed to pull the trolling motor in & start the outboard to avoid cillosion with the wing dam. The whole time holding this rod hoping to get close enuff to yank free the tree. Well the rod gave before i could. I was fishing berkley 20lb big game. The rod broke before the mono. That was the first time she was replaced
Sorry to hear that, Moose. But next time, cut the line. I mean, it is just a Pig N Jig!

-Lunk-
Old 02-11-08, 03:29 PM   #29
Lilmoosecountry

yeah not mention that i could'nt find a pocket knife. Does'nt help i paniced either. The current sometimes can move faster than the old thaught process. I really not sure why i could'nt get the line to break before the rod.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-08, 04:04 PM   #30
lunker-lander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmoosecountry View Post
yeah not mention that i could'nt find a pocket knife. Does'nt help i paniced either. The current sometimes can move faster than the old thaught process. I really not sure why i could'nt get the line to break before the rod.

How old was the rod?

These are the scissors I was looking at getting this spring. Not for braid, just for general perpose line cutting. I figure, if they're strapped to my belt, I might use them rather than the "Old Chompers"...

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...sors&noImage=0

-Lunk-
Old 02-14-08, 12:34 AM   #31
wargoth
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Bah! The fact of the matter is that any old rod and reel setup will catch fish. While, there is one hell of a difference between a Ford Taurus and Ferrari Testarossa, in the end, they will both get you to and from the lake.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.