Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-09, 01:55 AM   #20
hookset on 3
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default South Florida Ponds

Hello Bassboss, Looking at your illustration reminds of many Florida bodies of water I have fished over the years.
My first thought when I saw those mats of sorta slimy vegetation was maybe a weedless frog or an unwieghted soft plastic.Not to get off the "jig topic" but that type of weed growth is tough with a falling jig or worm. That slime will gather at the line tie alot.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
Thanks to all that replied!

I think I'll have some more success with jig now!

I keep hear the you should cast (flip pitch) it cover, bump it a few times, and then bring it up. Well since I'll a shore huger, What if I had two "lanes" of mates, and than a deeper part in between, with no mats. Should I cast to the edge of the far lane bump it hop it, and than pull it to the next lane.

Also if I was fishing mats that were say 10 feet apart, should I cast to the far mat, bump it, and than bring it to the next closest, than the next closest, and so on.

Hope you can understand my illustration!
hookset on 3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.