Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-09, 11:21 AM   #1
BassAddict
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Deer Season is Over

Well I'm done with deer hunting for the season. Sat. was our last day. One of my worst in a long time.
Now it's time to start getting my fishing plans together and figure out what I need for the coming fishing season. I did get permission to fish a buch of ponds on an old golf course that's closed down. Can't wait to hit that place again. There are some HUGE bass in this place! I used to be able to fish it a long time ago until it was sold. I'm ready to get back in the fishing swing again. Hope it's not too cold a winter!!!
Old 01-05-09, 05:54 PM   #2
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

BA - I was looking at the FOM and C.T. schedules for this year. Looks like you have an real early Anna tournament on the FOM sched. The July Chick tournament (C.T.) looks sweet but I have a BFL/LAPR on the Potomac that weekend. Would have loved to gone down and whooped up on those boys this year. Other than that I haven't seen any tournaments on the Chick. Saw one on the James but it's out of Osbourne. You see any others?

Your worst day or season with the deer?
Old 01-05-09, 09:46 PM   #3
flbassman

Real crummy year for me too..... But I'm gettin ready to put the hurt on some fish to make up for it.....
Old 01-08-09, 08:54 AM   #4
BassAddict
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
BA - I was looking at the FOM and C.T. schedules for this year. Looks like you have an real early Anna tournament on the FOM sched. The July Chick tournament (C.T.) looks sweet but I have a BFL/LAPR on the Potomac that weekend. Would have loved to gone down and whooped up on those boys this year. Other than that I haven't seen any tournaments on the Chick. Saw one on the James but it's out of Osbourne. You see any others?

Your worst day or season with the deer?
I had one of my worst seasons 3D. No good bucks even seen for me this year. I really didn't see a lot of deer period. I also didn't have as much time to hunt as I normally do either. Could explain part of it I guess.

I think my bro and I are going to try the FOM again. Him and his wife are expecting their 2nd child in May so he hasn't committed yet. That Anna tourney IS early. Dang I hope it isn't any colder than last year. That was tough. I'll need to catch up with you before then. Get you to GUIDE me around up there. I'd really like to get off to a good start in the points this year. Anna just kicks our butts!

I'm looking forward to the May Chick tourney for Castaways. I like fishing the Chick in the Spring. We will actually run up there in the April tourney as well even though it's out of Osbourne. With gas prices down some it won't hurt as bad to make that long run, plus we get away from most of the crowd. Problem with the tournaments out of Rt 5 is that keeps more people on the Chick. I'll let you know if I hear of any other Chick tx's this year. I'm ready to get started again!!!
Old 01-12-09, 08:22 PM   #5
3dkicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassAddict View Post
I had one of my worst seasons 3D. I really didn't see a lot of deer period.
Maybe your camera scared them away???

I was at my sister's house a couple weeks ago and watched 24 deer wander through the field across the street from her house. Could have shot 6 from her porch without a scope. Majority were does but I'm sure the bucks were around.

I'll see what I can do to get you on a couple fish. I think we're on the hot side that weekend.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.