Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-09, 11:07 PM   #1
BassinBrits
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Who else reckons we're not english?

George Welcome posts:-

"Do you think that guy is really from England. I am skeptical because of his word usages."

I don't know why this guy is so sceptical. If he'd have expressed the doubt earlier I could have given my home tel number in the UK and he could have given me a ring.

I think if anybody cares to read my earlier posting I explained we toured the USA for 3 years in a RV ( a fiver). That's also why I know quite a bit about bass fishing having tried to catch them in most of your states. I must have picked up a lot of american slang

BTW we don't large/small mouth bass fishing in the UK. The only bass we fish or in the uk is sea bass.

Shame your meet up is after we go back to to the UK on April 1st. Otherwise you could have heard Doreen & I speak - actual bloody english old boy

Well no matter. We're here now in Inverness, Florida. Called in at BPS bought the lines and now tryng to find some good fishing holes. Will let you know how we get on.

I wonder if the fish worry if we're brits or not lol's
Old 01-03-09, 11:16 PM   #2
woody
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Welcome to the U.S. Hope ya catch lots of Bass
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-09, 11:34 PM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

STAY brits. i for one love you guys. i know, i know... ya'll probably got family back over the big pond. i too wish we could meet up. maybe next year? plan ya'll's "vacation" tour for later in the year from this year. heck, some of us would even put ya'll up for a night or 2. WE WILL!!
tell me something, are there NO bass in England? maybe ya'll could put some over there. thought there were some over there.
we want to go over there someday. love to see the "homeland" lol. my ancestors are french, irish, english and native american. wifes is alot of dutch we think, and some german.
sanyway if YOU say your english, then i say your english pal! don't worry bout it. and hey... think of what they say when you get back home,lmao. "ya'll talk funny now". hahahahaha.
for real, come back ok?
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-09, 11:54 PM   #4
WTL

I dont see why someone would lie about being English, or accuse others of lying about it. I reckon yall are. We've had anglers from South Africa and Bulgaria find this board as well. Its no huge surpise.

Besides, I seem to recall we talked a little about Skye. So as far as I'm concerned, yall are british.
Old 01-03-09, 11:58 PM   #5
BassinBrits
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
tell me something, are there NO bass in England? maybe ya'll could put some over there. thought there were some over there.
Hi Bamabassman,

Thanks for your welcome and we really appreciate your offer of accommodation if we get your way. I hope we can reciprocate one day. You and your family would be welcome to stay a while with us. We currently live just outside Carmarthen in west Wales, but hope to moving on our return to more central England. You sure have a mixed heritage and no doubt the best of each nationality is embodied within you

The US troops in the 1940's tried to introduce largemouth/black bass into the UK but they didn't survive ( the bass not the troops, lol's) Subsequently others have tried to introduce them to the UK but sadly they always fade away. In Europe there a few black bass in Spain and also in Cyprus. But nothin of any real size. I wish we did have the bass closer to home.

We are already enjoying our stay here. You americans sure make us feel welcome and are very helpful, which we much appreciate. We've now just got to find some good fishing spots.
Old 01-04-09, 12:14 AM   #6
bamabassman

wonder why the bass don't survive? i would think that a hybred would. hmmmm, makes you wonder don't it?
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-09, 08:09 AM   #7
WTL

I was thinking the combination of lack of good sunlight in the winter months with a supershort season suitable to spawning and competition with trout, salmon and other fish would pretty much keep them from surviving.
Old 01-04-09, 12:12 PM   #8
zooker

knowin quite a few guys from merry ole..i don't dout you all any.. brit accents don't translate well thru the computer..

zooker
Old 01-04-09, 05:21 PM   #9
BassinBrits
BassFishin.Com Member

Hi Zooker,

I was just astounded that a chap, with whom I had no previous contact, was messaging forum members suggesting that Doreen & I were liars as we were not actualy brits; as stated by us.

Needless to say I have PM'd the guy and given him my thoughts.

BTW do you know a Rod & Debbie Hoell at Beaufort NC? He runs the marine rescue service at Beaufort called TowBoatUS. Old friends of ours, haven't seen them for ages thou. If you do know them, just mention Jack & Doreen who used to sail boats across the Atlantic etc. Thinking about it we might drive up and see them.

Been out today looking for fishing holes from the bank. Nothing yet, loads of good lakes around Inverness for boat fishing. But perseverence conquers all - we'll find those bass yet.
Old 01-04-09, 07:11 PM   #10
George_Welcome
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Sorry you were offended because I expressed some doubt to someone based on word usages in your post. Expressing doubt about something is not calling someone a liar. However in you vernacular I guess that it is. Oh well - have great time fishing.
Old 01-04-09, 07:21 PM   #11
zooker

i have heard of there outfit but never*knocks on wood* needed them..

zooker
Old 01-05-09, 10:31 AM   #12
Lilmoosecountry

Not me i am germen. All things american are actully germen.
Old 01-05-09, 11:00 AM   #13
hookup
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
i for one love you guys.
Ahhhhhh.

Never mind.
hookup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-09, 03:12 PM   #14
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

whenever i read the brits post i use an english accent...helps with the realism
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-09, 05:22 PM   #15
WTL

Jolly good show chaps, jolly good show.

Seriously, how thick are yall sposed to lay it on to meet the forums limey legitimacy standards?
Old 01-06-09, 10:44 AM   #16
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom
Wink

My wife is going to England in March on business.I'll have her get the real scoop on those so called BassinBrits......Jk..But she will be going to Marlow(sp)?England then on to Krakow,Poland.
Welcome BassinBrits.Ifn your ever in New Jersey give me a holler,we'll fish.
Old 01-06-09, 02:30 PM   #17
Bender

I don't know about "Brits"...I know several other names for the people of Wales such as Taffys and another that involves sheep and isn't so nice.
The guy I know down there said bass are starting the prespawn and are moving up so the fishing should really pick up. Good luck, wish I was there.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.